Wanted: longer boat ramp queues

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Wanted: longer boat ramp queues

Post by Matt Flynn »

And more traffic, more pollution ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 668b5347df

Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wanted: longer boat ramp queues

Post by Scotty69 »

“This is predominantly due to a larger than normal exodus of people from the Territory. What concerns us is that neither party has a strong policy in place or in development to address this major population decline."

I love the Territory, but my god the cost of living here is ridiculous. And I don't agree with the notion that it is isolated so the cost of transport pushes up the prices ("territory tax"). I have lived in some very isolated regions in Aus, but Darwin takes the cake in the cost of living in my opinion. From real estate costs, rent, food, electricity, the list goes on.

The price you pay to live in paradise, do I hear???
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yes, they used the postage excuse for years, but an Express Post bag costs the same anywhere you buy it and send it in Australia.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

When as an individual you can buy an item from the states at full retail price, pay the exchange rate, pay GST at the point of sale, pay for freight to Australia and in some cases pay for customs and Australian GST and still get it here at a cost much lower than the Darwin retail price none of the arguments used hold weight.
Can't be buying power, I only bought 1. Can't be wholesale prices, I paid retail. Can't be freight, I paid retail for that and only for a single item. Can't be the power of the dollar because I paid the exchange. Can't be tax, paid that twice. Can't be remoteness, I took care of the logistics. It can only be greed at some point on the supply chain.