Got some Cods on ya

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
JAH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Got some Cods on ya

Post by JAH »

Came across this photo from about 98,99.Found it in a box off over 300-400 old photos.Talk about a flash from the past.
We were fishing Bynoe for to weekend and camped at Raft Point.We left the crab pots in over night and were checking them in the morning.The first one we came to was out in the middle of the creek mouth and thought it must've been moved with the tide.The mate Graig picked up the rope and started pulling it in when it went tight and gave a could pull Graig looked at me and my brother and said I think we've got something big in here it nearly pulled we over board.We responded with its only crab pot pull it up you girl with a few expletives included.So he reached over grabbed the rope again and gave it it a could hard tugged to which the crab pot responded by taking off and ripping the rope though his hands.When Graig got a good grip on it and held tight the crab pot start pulling the boat Graig turned around and yelled F#@-ing big crab in this barstared.Then we started thinking croc that's not good put after about 10 minutes of fighting this crab pot we got it to the surface and seen this huge beast squeezed into it past its gills with 3-4 blue swimmer crabs squashed between it and the mesh of the pot.Weather it went in after the crabs or the bait I don't know.So we towed it up to a long sandy beach and pulled it up onto the sand and started the process of getting it out of the pot.It took about 5 minutes and the pot did not survive the procedure however the beast did and we rolled it back in the water and it swam slowly off.
You never know what's coming over the side off your boat in the Top End

This is a photo of a photo My Brother On the right and Graig on the left
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Got some Cods on ya

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great to see old pix, might put up a nostalgia thread
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Got some Cods on ya

Post by jeffish »

Very cool pics and story ,, 8)