Fishing with spider web as lure...

Put fishing videos only here, general videos have a another forum below.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fishing with spider web as lure...

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Just a 2 minutes video I saw on Vimeo, about some people using spiderweb has lures...
It is quiet beautiful actually.

https://vimeo.com/5711752

Have a good day,
Pecheur

JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fishing with spider web as lure...

Post by JewieQueen »

Hey Pech,

I actually watched that exact clip in a doco on Nat Geo a while back. The bloke that has that series called "River Monsters" was the narrator. A lot of different methods from different cultures were shown on how they caught fish but the spider web for the needle fish blew me away. It is amazing and a beautiful art form to think that they wander the forest (sometimes for hours) in search of a particular spider web to use and then when found it has to be carefully wound onto a stick so it is just right for the Needle fish to get their teeth stuck in it. There was also gar fish being caught on a strand of red cotton wool shown in Britain, soft drink cans that had washed a shore cut up and a treble put in them to be skipped along the surface in Papua New Guinea for pelagic species and even paper bark rubbed together and placed in a billabong in Kakadu to starve the fish if oxygen so they can be collected off the surface.
Really interesting to see, but as I said, the spider web was the one that blew me away the most.

:drinking1:

JQ
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Keen to watch this but my kids have used most of my monthly NBN satellite allowance downloading games ... gotta lay off videos until the new monthly quota arrives.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi There,

JewieQueen,
Now I wat to see this full doco.
I will try to see if it is on Netflix or somewhere.
Thank you for the information.

Matt, yes you should like this clip, it is a very short one.

Have a good day,
Pecheur