Buying tackle in America

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Buying tackle in America

Post by barnzy »

I'm off to America for s month come Saturday. Got a couple charters booked in over there. Has anyone bought fishing gear over there and sent it home? Just curious if it works out cheaper or not. Will you get taxed on its way back into Australia? I like supporting local business but if I'm gong over I may aswell make the most of it.

Back Eddy

Re: Buying tackle in America

Post by Back Eddy »

Barnzy I travelled to Canada and the States about a year ago. I went and checked out stores such as Cabelas and Bass Pro. What I found is that the sale price for fishing gear in the states is cheaper than here but the exchange rate is the killer. You end up paying close to Australian prices. Canada and Australia have a relative close exchange rate but the pricing in Canada is similar to here.

In saying that when you walk into a Bass Pro or Cabelas store you will fall over with the range and selection of gear that is available.

Hope you have a great trip mate.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Buying tackle in America

Post by barnzy »

Yer mate that's what I was thinking. If our dollar was better it might be worth it. Looking forward to the bass pro shop though. Looks hectic