Stingrays

Global warming and overfishing. And any good news we can dig up.
Matthew Gray
Silver Member
Silver Member

Stingrays

Post by Matthew Gray »

Hi All :grin: I have a PHD student looking for some stingrays to take a skin sample from .Can some one help on where is the best place to go ? the student only has a small boat.

mgray
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

lots of dead ones on the beach at dundee ,just past stingray head,,
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

is the student going to line fish for them or some sort of harpooning deal to get a sample? if line fishing any of the mudflats in the harbour should yield a stingray (have a look at low tide for the hollows the rays make feeding ) if the student gets some livies and goes on a quest to catch a metre long barra i'm sure he'll get all the rays he needs..and powertails ...and sharks...
if you want to try and poke one with something sharp you'd have to do it on the neap tides so the waters a bit clearer and maybe use an electric motor or pole yourself around in the same shallow spots with some good polarised sunnies
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

At east point near the gun turrent at low tide there are heaps of stingrays cruising around
Matthew Gray
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Matthew Gray »

Cheers boys I will send her out next week : :cheers:
mgray

Return to “Fisheries Research & Science”