Jewfish tail parasite

Global warming and overfishing. And any good news we can dig up.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Jewfish tail parasite

Post by Matt Flynn »

Fisheries scientist Ben Diggles has asked if anyone has seen these things on the caudal peduncle of black jewfish?

This one was from the Gulf of Carpentaria, he says they have not seen any in sampling around Darwin, but numbers of black jewfish sampled were small.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Jewfish tail parasite

Post by drifter »

Matt, should shoot Back Cast a PM. Since the Finniss closure he has been slaying the jewies.
I have seen something similar on Blue Salmon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Jewfish tail parasite

Post by JewieQueen »

Only have seen that on croakers/jewel fish - the ones that look similar to jewies- from the mouth of the adelaide.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."