FFF Seadogs 2017 - Register Here

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

FFF Seadogs 2017 - Register Here

Post by Matt Flynn »

Note - there may be changes to the rules up until the Feb 1 start.

FFF SEADOGS 2017 - open to fishos in all the barramundi states

This is an online brag mat fishing competition, free to amateur fishos who display a FFF sticker on the outside of their car or boat, or on a console or seat high enough to be seen outside the boat, for the duration of the comp. The FFF stickers are sold cheaply at Craig's Fishing Warehouse in Darwin, or order at http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/index.php?cPath=28 ... without a sticker the entry fee is $30, email [email protected] for payment details.

Fishos must register their boat or vehicle on this thread by posting a pic of their boat or vehicle with its FFF sticker attached. Fishos can enter at any time throughout the comp but may not enter fish in earlier rounds.

The comp is judged on pictures of fish on brag mats. Each centimetre of fish is awarded a point. Unlimited entries are allowed but only each competitor's biggest fish from each month is eligible for points. Entrants will need a branded brag mat (no home-made ones allowed), a camera and a newspaper from the month of each round.

Pictures of fish must be taken on the brag mat with the newspaper in view. The newspaper or anything else must not cover the fish.

There must also be a photo of the fish being held by the captor on location near where it is caught.

Dam-caught barramundi (stocked impoundment barra) are only eligible in Rounds 7 and 8.

Winners ...

***There is an end-of-year grand champion, decided on the best fish from six rounds
***There are various end-of-year runner-up champions, decided on the best fish from six rounds

The first round kicks off February 1. The final round ends December 20.

Round 1, Feb - The Run-off, Barra
Round 2, Mar - The Run-off, Barra
Round 3, Apr - The Greenwater, Barra
Round 4, May - Jewfish Busters + Barra (jewfish have a -10cm handicap)
Round 5, June - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra
Round 6, July - Mackerel Maulers + Barra (mackerel have a -10cm handicap)
Round 7, Aug - Billabong, Dam & Salty Barra
Round 8, Sep - Billabong, Dam & Salty Barra
Round 9, Oct - Salmon and Barra
Round 10, Nov - Salmon and Barra
Round 11, Dec - Salmon and Barra

There are 10cm bonus points for landbased fish in 2017, but the location picture must clearly show the place of capture.

Deckie's fish may be entered by the owner of the registered boat (skipper) as long as they are caught in the registered boat, and the boat is recognisable in the photo. Skippers who have registered their boat in the comp may fish as a deckie on another registered Seadogs boat and claim their fish as their own entry, as long as both parties are in agreement. Otherwise, the skipper of the registered boat on the water on the day claims any fish caught.

All fish to be measured from lip to centre of tail (eg inside fork or outer curve). Fish may have mouths open or closed on the brag mat, the aim being to get the fish measured and photographed as fast as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each entry must include a short description about the capture. Photos must depict live or freshly-caught fish, no necked or obviously dead fish. As there are no stewards on the water to enforce/check that rules are followed, the organiser reserves the right to disallow any entry for any reason, and disqualify any entrant for any reason. The judge's decision on all matters will be final.

Fish caught while competing in other competitions are not eligible. Professional fishing guides may not enter the comp.

In the event of a draw the FFF judge will decide a winner, based on the quality of the photos in the entries.

There is no size limit on fish, but please photograph undersize fish quickly for a fast release.

By entering, entrants agree to be solely responsible for their own safety, knowledge of the waterways, and to ensure their boats are in good working order. Entrants agree to not hold the organiser liable in any way.

By posting your first fish up (an entry) you agree to be bound by the rules.

***Misinformation supplied in an entry about location or capture method results in disqualification***

FFF Seadogs PRIZES 2017

FFF Grand Champion - Trophy plus MotorGuide Xi5 80lb saltwater 24v electric motor[/b] ... RRP$2400 ... http://www.iomarine.com
FFF Runner-Up Champion - Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 95sv[/b] ... RRP$2000 ... https://buy.garmin.com/
FFF Third Runner-Up Champion - GME GX750B marine VHF radio[/b] ... RRP$329 ... https://www.gme.net.au
FFF Fourth Runner-Up Champion - Shimano Citica CI200I barra baitcaster[/b] ... http://www.shimanofish.com.au/products/ ... ica-i.html
FFF Runner-Up Champions 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 - Tonic Eyewear (in poly) of the winner's choice (prescription lenses available at winner's cost), plus Reidys, Classic, Platypus lure and line pack.

More prizes may be added through the year.

All prizes are not redeemable for cash. The comp organiser will not be held responsible if a sponsor is unable to supply a prize at the end of the comp. In the event of model upgrades among prizes, the updated models may or may not be supplied by the sponsor.

Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2017 - Register Here

Post by Edo »

Ime in.......hopefully can inprove on last year 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

Been slack posting the last few years even tho been getting a few might lift my game this year.
15027478_10211355927719832_7835301450491831363_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Where's Waldo , bit early to break the rules 2Bros .
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Great rule changes Matty. Should make the run toward the finish line at the end of year much more exciting.

Good luck to all those entering, unfortunately I'm out this year.

Richie
Mad KEEN!
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Must catch fish! :bonk:

Must remember to photograph :banghead:

Must remember newspaper :banghead:

Must remember to post :banghead:

cheers :cheers:
FFF comp boat pic.jpg
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

Yep I'm in again. Like the rule changes too.... :clap:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Count me in
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Count me in again.
Might even get time to go fishing this year.
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

In like Flynn!
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

I'm in again, although probably won't get out much as I'm doing a lot of travelling with work this year.
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Ivan wrote:I'm in again, although probably won't get out much as I'm doing a lot of travelling with work this year.
Nice.............take Trent with you as well then. :wink:

G-town mate?

Richie
Mad KEEN!
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Brad the Lad »

ill throw my lure in again, although must remember to take the newspaper :coffee: ...oh and try to do some more fishing.

i have new deckie now, 6 month old little boy, so he might come in handy by the end of the year.
fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

Only because of the rule change I'm going to have another crack.