NT redclaw creeks

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

NT redclaw creeks

Post by Matt Flynn »

I am doing up a list of creeks around Darwin and elsewhere in the NT that are confirmed to have redclaw and hoping FFF members can help expand the list.

If you have caught redclaw (and were sure of the ID) please list the creek here.

Some creeks that I have not confirmed yet include the Bynoe creeks like the Annie, Charlotte etc

I have got plenty of other creeks - the full list will be in NTMAG soon.

Luke Owen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Luke Owen »

maybe this can help
When i was younger i got a couple at the kiberly bridge fresh water either side of the bridge on Mc Millans raod. hope this hepls i think thats what it is called.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT redclaw creeks

Post by grumpy »

Matt Flynn wrote:I am doing up a list of creeks around Darwin and elsewhere in the NT that are confirmed to have redclaw and hoping FFF members can help expand the list.

If you have caught redclaw (and were sure of the ID) please list the creek here.

Some creeks that I have not confirmed yet include the Bynoe creeks like the Annie, Charlotte etc

I have got plenty of other creeks - the full list will be in NTMAG soon.
Matt Swim creek at Point Stuart used to be my secret spot when I lived there in the 70's. Used to get them by the bucket full. Sent a mate out there recently and they "killed the pig".
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
fergie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fergie »

Hi Matt, I can back up Grumpy's statement. I lived out that way for ten years and Swim Creek was always the best, although I hear it's been flogged in the last few years.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Lake Kununurra :banghead:
Regards Dick
dan willard
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by dan willard »

coomalie creek , the old bridge next to the highway , redclaw and cherabin.:
noundz

Post by noundz »

The Roper River and the creeks on Groote have them
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Blackfellow Creek, Daly River Rd.
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey matt i remembered after i spoke to you that the renyolds river has a bulk supply of them too....
milky-murderer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by milky-murderer »

elizaberth river u have to walk down though
Petto
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Petto »

Scott creek and all the other small creeks that cross the road out on the Arnhem highway along Djukbinj (spelling might be wrong) National Park road.

i have seen them walking along the dirt tracks because they could not fit through the tunnels under the road there were that many.

Petto

Also any of the swamps out behind humpty doo.
Work to Live, dont live to Work.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Matt I had forgot about Scotts Creek until PETTO mentioned it. We used to go up the old Woollna (spelling wrong) Station road which is now a national Park. I remember the last time I went there about 8 or 10 years ago I got in the sh....t from some rangers for having my cast net. Lot of BS if you ask me but I guess if you got hundreds of people in there with cast nets it would knock the balance around. In so saying there are far more red claw perish and get eaten by pry each year than what we could catch. My excuse that I had been going there since I was a kid back in the 70's got me off the hook but they sent me packing.

I back up what PETTO says there are plenty of :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: in Scotts.
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

girraween creek has always been good to me, further u walk from the road the bigger catches, tough hike through the shrub. Also parts of the creek that runs through elizabeth valley road mates property backs on to a fair bit of it, cleans up everyhere, though i sell them off to fanily friends as a bit skeptical of eating anything near that cattle station.
i know a few more just dont know the names of them only the location so its not much help.
Image Image
jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

[quote="dan willard"]coomalie creek , the old bridge next to the highway , redclaw and cherabin.:[/quote]

Yer dunno if i'd eat anything out of there i know from a very good source that in the war they dumped chemicals in that creek, and the old caravan park there used to let the granny's dump there porta loo wayste in the creek. But that stoped about 6 years ago
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
maca_80
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: NT redclaw creeks

Post by maca_80 »

Used to catch red claw at swim ck too ,near the drain pipe buy hand in the bucket full, but last time I went there the place was getting over run.