The dynamic duo in Buff Creek

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The dynamic duo in Buff Creek

Post by jeffish »

Yeah another story about stupid people . I just don't like the way such stories are linked to Bill Scott .
He wasn't a stupid man and I'm sure his family doesn't like his name dragged up every time a Dickhead
gets his photo in the paper doing STUPID SHIIT .
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

jeffish wrote:Yeah another story about stupid people . I just don't like the way such stories are linked to Bill Scott .
He wasn't a stupid man and I'm sure his family doesn't like his name dragged up every time a Dickhead
gets his photo in the paper doing STUPID SHIIT .
Ah that's not even that bad. But I do agree about the comments regarding Bill Scott, what happened to him could easily have happened to any other fisherman.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Agree re Bill, bl..dy unlucky, I cringe at how many times I have fished in a tiny punt up the Adelaide etc ...
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I have mixed feelings about rehashing what happened to Bill. Sure it will hurt his family but if it saves just one other person then it has to be a good thing.
I too shudder when I think back to some of the things I used to do when I was bulletproof and 6’ tall.

So if you saw someone doing stupid things like this, would you call out to them or just shake your head and mumble to yourself and let them go on their way?
I know that i couldnt help myself
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I used to paddle a kayak in the mangroves between Nightcliff and East Point. Saw a croc and went off the idea, deciding to buy a tinny with Kevin Rudd's stimulus money
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

012.JPG
Paddle faster ,,, :croc:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

When I see pics like these two idiots, I wonder how they have survived in life to this point.
Are they locals?
1) If so, what makes them think their chances are of surviving the paddle without meeting a croc.

Are they tourists? If so, have they not been made aware that there are crocs around? If not why not?
If they are aware of crocs, refer to No 1 above

So we haven’t heard of two people being attacked by a croc. thats good news. But the odds are now that they will have another go, and another. Each time they go out, their odds of survival get smaller.

Lets say they are tourists from the caravan park nearby. They will be telling the others there that there are no crocs here blah blah.
So, now we have even more people thinking its ok to do this sort of stuff or equally stupid things around the water.
Each time, the chances of an attack increase until bam! :croc:

then the calls for crocs to be killed will go out and the cycle begins.