Croc bait

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Croc bait

Post by nomad »

What an idiot. he did an interview on tv and was proud of himself. he said 'i didnt die'
wont be long and we will be reading a different story about him :croc:
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

I have seen the local station hands in there swimming to retrieve lures. I'm pretty sure they "remove" any crocs that move into the area. But still, you wont catch me in there! I have seen 2 of the biggest crocs in the system 500m down stream at the Junction. The junction is scary to fish.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Shouldn't give the half-wit any air time..!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

When I saw the channel 9 interview I laughed. Thought to myself.... "Never go full retard" :lol:
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Lol I've done worse but have a lil one now so as lats put it, I won't go full retard anymore :)
Never seen a croc near the crossing in all my time of going out there though. Junction is a bit different. Its shallow on the downstream side of crossing but upstream is what freaks me out when I have stood where old mate was when water was a bit lower. We have all done stupid poop though especially growing up here
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Fricken Unbelievable , you see the first big bush in the background , I took
this pic on a trip last year with Lats , It was there in the morning and back there
in the arvo , also seen him there on other trips ,, Tempting Fate for sure :croc:
028_1.jpg
He's a good 3mt plus King Dog , chomp .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

Everyone should read the coroners inquest about the 2 croc related deaths in 2014. It is easily found on the government website.

The croc experts that gave evidence suggest that:

"A person in a boat is little different from a crocodiles perspective To a person on the bank of a river"

The experts also suggest the danger is worse in smaller boats, for people who are closer to the water, for people in stationary boats and for people are who are in the process of catching and releasing fish.

Everyone loves to pass comment about people who stand close to the water fishing ( I think it is a silly thing as well) but every time we go out in our boats and stand at the gunwale casting a lure we are, according to the experts, just the same or similar to a person standing on the bank or a river.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

I had one about 3m appear right underneath the side of the boat. It was only that the clear flood water from the creek had pumped out that I spotted it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
mickb
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mickb »

newfisherman wrote:
Everyone loves to pass comment about people who stand close to the water fishing ( I think it is a silly thing as well) but every time we go out in our boats and stand at the gunwale casting a lure we are, according to the experts, just the same or similar to a person standing on the bank or a river.
I'm only new up/on here but I reckon I'd feel safer on the bank having a flick than in a smaller tinny .
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Wait till you get stalked at night. Makes you rethink everything I got lucky one time and just by chance turned on the headtorch to see roughly a 4.5 sitting just under the surface less then a metre from me which had been over the other side of the river all night as we were watching him, then lost sight of him for an hour till that happened. Needless to say I was back at a safe distance, further back then usual actually for the rest of the night.
I'm surprised more people don't get eaten with the stupid poop we do at times.
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

You're not wrong scottie. Ive changed a lot of things i do now. Mickb, get out to the jumping croc cruises. That will give you a new perspective
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

[attachment=0]023_1.jpg[/attachmen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Matt Flynn wrote:More croc bait ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 270d996633
I was in the pub yesterday and a guy showed us photos of this same rock with different blokes fishing from it. I fished the old Shady rockbar back in the 70's and believe me the crocs are now 10 times more and less scared than they were back then :hunting:

On another note I remember spending a night up at the Marsh Creek barrage a few years back with a 12 foot croc sitting just behind the outboard most of the night. We couldn't go anywhere as we were waiting for the tide to come back in. Don't know what was worse the croc or the mossies, did get 1 meter plus fish for the night.

Yes we have all done some dumb things in our time but hopefully we get older and smarter.

Cheers grumpy
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)