Monthly barra comp. May entries.

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Monthly barra comp. May entries.

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Hey people, post up your fish.

Again thanks to BigGlen from KO lures for his sponsorship.

I will enter straight up with a solid fat 73cm barra caught put the front of wilshire 2 trolling tue riedys the judge in gold and black. Will post pics tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Monthly barra comp. May entries.

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

The leader board up to date. If there is any issues let me know if i missed an upgrade. Is there any further entries for April????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

nice fat one....but shouldn't you be catching them on the sponsors gear? :lol:
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Hahahahaha I can't get back to see Glen till this week. I lost a stonker near the mouth of wilshire 2 and it smashed the last rapalla style one to bits so I don't have one. Hopefully next time. The black and gold rapalla style one was the best swimming lure in my box. As soon as you twitch them then pause they smash it.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

I will post the 84cm fish from the Daly last week just in case im not available later in the month. Hope to upgrade during the barra series Daly round though. Photos suck but the bugs ment I wasnt hanging around with the lights on to get better ones so here they are :roll:
84cm Goldfish. No Fish creek May 2011.JPG
84 cm no fish creek Baz may 2011.JPG
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

64cm caught from that top secret spot - Shady Camp. :bonk: Post under "secret shady" by Dingo. Caught on the troll on Classic 160 +3 in Green Rainbow on Sat 14 May. Wasn't too sure if I will get any fish down at the Daly during the Top End Barra series Daly round on 28/29 May. Bit of a Daly novice. :|

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Managed an upgrade to an 87cm Daly Barra. Caught on Sun 29 May past Moon Billabong on Classic +15ft in Bobby Dazzler, fishing in the Top End Barra Series. Went pretty hard, but not as hard as the 82cm that I caught just before it. The Lure was lodged in it's gob at the from top to bottom which didn't let it close it's mouth. Released to fight another day.

Cheers,

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Dam Doors Off that is one fat fish. Well done mate. Any last minute entries guys.... Turtle where is your entry mate. 55cm is better then nothing.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Mine for May, caught on the 19th on a little trip in the Elizabeth, a nice silver 62cm Harbour Barra, caught flicking in a little drain with an sp.

if too late, oh well, no worries, had probs getting pics off laptop.
got a few around the same size that day
002.JPG
011.JPG
Will have to get some bigger ones in June.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Nice work Agent.
Windy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Windy »

Well I missed the boat with the April entries :bonk: :bonk: , so I guess as they say, "better late than never" :| ...even if it IS now June!! :D

Went out to Shady on Monday April 25th (Easter Monday) and ended up bashing our way through the collapsed Cuttings...couldn't believe how much they'd fallen in due to lower water levels from 2 days prior!! :shock: :?

Fished Dead Forest for SFA and despite all the tides and conditions looking good we just couldn't get a hit. Ended up motoring out to the mouth of Tommy Cut for trolls back and forth - again for nada. Frustration kicking in we headed out to the colour change line about a km offshore and trolled back and forth. :captain:

Had a fair sized blue salmon took a Classic but spat it out right at the boat. Then on the next run...KAPOW...good sized gleaming chromie in all it's glory exploded from the water for a solid 3-4 foot jump... :o 8) :shock:

Unfortunately not laid down on the brag mat so not proofed sizing but my good honest heart states that it was my new personal best of 90cm exactly.

Taken off the mouth of Tommy Cut on a Rapala X Rap Magnum in Silver...

Herein lies my entry...
Windy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Windy »

And now for the May entry (in June of course!! :roll: )...

This time with River and Reef Charters (a super trip thanks Chris :mrgreen: ) and my best from Sth Alligator which (alas yet AGAIN was not photographed on the bragmat...I hadnt realised at that stage that this forum monthly comp was here!)

Comfortably substandard against the leviathan above from Doors Off :bow: ...but still I was happy as the pic suggests...

Caught May 21 at Nourlangie Rockbar on Tsunami Lime green SP slow retrieved and sized on the boat sticker at 69cm

Stu