Monthly barra comp March entries.

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Monthly barra comp March entries.

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Post them up guys. Good luck.

doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Monthly barra comp March entries.

Post by doors off »

Not a monster at 63cm, but on the board all the same. Caught on the Adelaide River Floodplains on Sun 6 March, casting a Reidy's Little Lucifer in Flouro Green. Full Post at http://fishingterritory.com/nt-barra-f1 ... 24949.html

Doors Off :drinking1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Well done DOORS OFF. Keep them coming mate. All we need now is a few more entries and it will be a great comp. So far around 7 entered. Will get the list up tomorrow. Dont be shy guys send the entries in.

Keep them coming. I have scored a 61 for the month so far caught at the South Ali on a Riedys THE JUDGE. Trolling again.

Will post pics if i dont upgrade this weekend.
tissy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tissy »

Cought a 66cm out at shady on wednesday will put up photo's soon having troble getting the photo from the camera
tissy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tissy »

Are the results from last month up yet does anyone know
Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Turtle »

Here is my March entry.

Not bad.. But looking to upgrade majorly in next few weeks.. ;)

Went 75cm. Looks really swampy in the photos but it was silver as in real life?? Maybe it was the storm clouds refelcting off.. dunno.

Tasty anyway :chef1:

Cheers, Turtle.
DSC00271.JPG
DSC00270.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Heres mine for March, not too bad, pulled out of the mangroves at a little Barra spot i have found at the Blue Holes

He was lazing on the surface half asleep waiting for an easy feed i reckon, one of the guys cast at him twice but didn't get it right, i saw him after son 1 yelled 'look at the Barra', flicked the lure about 6 inches past his nose and wound it back, he sucked the little squidgee in and spat it out before i had a chance to strike!

I saw him do a turn, flash of silver and head back to the same spot, flicked the plastic out again and bang!! yee hah on.

Had to apply a fair bit of pressure to stop him getting into the mangroves and away, the 16lb braid was stretched, the standard squidgee hook was half straightened when he went in the net, very lucky! Need to get some heavier hooks for the plastics for that sort of fishing, any ideas?

Went 76cm, as you can see from the pic, not much room to move! Nice n silver.
P1000881.jpg
P1000879.jpg
A good day out and some nice sights to be seen, will do a post when i get all the pics and the vid organised.

Smartie
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Turtle »

get those squidgie tails without the hooks and rig em up with Nitro jigheads (saltwater grade). Can go weedless with a running sinker too. They fish well like that too.

Tissy got a bit of an upgrade this weekend at Finniss, I'll let him post the photo up.
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

no worries, thanks Turtle, will have a look at them!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Results so far..
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Mine and Jazzy's entries for this month. Both are hoping to upgrade this week.

No pics of Jazzy holding it as he was fishing alone in the Harbour last week. Went 58cm.

Mine was caught on the South Ali and went 60cm.
barra&hogs
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by barra&hogs »

Got a cracker of a fish yesturday will post in when i work out how to upload photos. trawling at Sampan... FAT FAT FAT
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Hey Barra&hogs. Have you entered the Comp mate as i am pretty sure i have not received your entry at this stage. Its not to late to enter and if you got a monster then you will still be in a position to take out the comp at the end of the year.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Well I finally got the boat up and running and did a few days down the coast. Here is my March entree. She was caught on a big green bomber casted around some new born mangroves along the coast.

She measures 104cm
Daly trip 060.JPG
Daly trip 061.JPG
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Nice fish Cuddlescooper, thats what we live for

Nice wellow tail and silver as, well done :cheers: