GS Marine still going?

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: GS Marine still going?

Post by BarraBase »

yes mat, i did see a brand new one last week,
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Prob need to update the web page I would say. I know the business was purchased by JAMM marine and will operate out of Winnellie.

I did ask if the creditors if they would be starting with the orders that were on the books. :rofl: :rofl:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I was on that site last week and saw the GS advert and thought WTF. But then I read a bit further and saw that they were talking about the classic to be held in April 10. Yeah, just another out of date website
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

Now Extreme Marine 153 Coonawarra rd winnellie.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

So they should change the logo to read "Proudly sponsored by Dingo"....and the other poor barstools that got ripped off!!!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

If these new guys want to gain credibility for the Extreme boat brand first thing they should do is set up a trust fund that new boat deposits go into and the company does not get their money until the customer is satisfied.
WIN WIN sceanario, they get the deposit, the customer does not get ripped off anymore. :mrgreen:

I know I for one would be very cautious going with a manufacturer who ripped off other people......no matter how good the boat. :|
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

It's a different manufacturer now ff, using the same designs I believe. But you are right about caution, which applies with buying any brand boat. There should be some sort of escrow accounts for such purchases.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

wouldnt hurt em to build the boats that were on order for cost. strike a deal somehow, maybe make them available as demo boats or guest boats for the major comps?

eg. people like Dingo could have there boat built/finished or whatever with a 5 year deal that they make it available for the above i mentioned.

it that thinking too way out here?

the spin off for the builder would be - tax deductions for promotional products?(someone with tax experience educate me please), rebuild consumer confidence.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

They will definitely have to work out the deposit thingy, when they do I might have to order another one, little brighter, little bit smaller.
I for one am glad the Xtreme is back. I wish the new owners/builders all the best.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

The thing about a small business is that they probably don't have the cash flow to escrow a deposit and would actually need the money to purchase the materials to start building the boat. Have to get to a fairly sizable business before you would have the money to absorb that kind of thing, by then you would hopefully be big enough to have dealers to take care of the customers.
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

well done brent .you are right on the money,,
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

Matt Flynn wrote:It's a different manufacturer now ff, using the same designs I believe. But you are right about caution, which applies with buying any brand boat. There should be some sort of escrow accounts for such purchases.
:cool: Gs Marine is not trading anymore , Xtreme Marine Darwin has taken over the designs , rights & equipment that was GS Marine. The owner of Xtreme was not involved with GS Marine at all. We are a complete new company trying to rebuild the Xtreme Alloy boat name. Please don't put us in the same shoes as GS Marine. So if any one is still interested in an Xtreme Alloy boat please come in & we can talk.I have 2 XM500 here for sale at the moment & a XM520TC coming through production. Xtreme Marine Darwin 153 Coonawarra Rd Winnellie
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

Dingo wrote:Prob need to update the web page I would say. I know the business was purchased by JAMM marine and will operate out of Winnellie.

I did ask if the creditors if they would be starting with the orders that were on the books. :rofl: :rofl:
Hi Dingo , Gs Marine now owned by Xtreme Marine Darwin, 153 Coonawarra Rd Winnellie. I'm sorry so many people lost money through GS but it would be unfair also for us to build boats at cost price for the people that lost there money. I will look after the customer that lost money through GS , but I need to make some profit or there is no point building boats.
k3nn0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by k3nn0 »

What type of money are you looking at for one of the xm500's?