BOZO soft plastics photo competition

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

BOZO soft plastics photo competition

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF has been given a variety of the great BOZO soft plastic lures and I am going to give them away on www.FishingTerritory.com www.WorldFishingMap.com and www.AnglingAction.com

For a chance to win one of two BOZO lure packages (three packs in each) just post a picture of a tuna or mackerel you caught this year - the picture must have the Darwin Harbour foreshore (anywhere from the CBD to Lee Point) in the background. The picture has to be taken this year - no old pictures sorry. Entries close July 30, 2007. Post the pic in the Photo Comp forum.

On www.WorldFishingMap.com you can be in with a chance to win one of another two lure packs by posting three quality map markers during the months of June-July, 2007.

On www.AnglingAction.com you can be in with a chance to win one of yet another two lure packs by posting a fishing video clip during the months of June-July, 2007.

I will also be sending a BOZO lure pack to some of our forum leaders for review purposes.

See the pix below to see some of the BOZO lures. Also see www.bozos.com.au

These lures have thin tails which makes the tail flutter very pronounced and the colour patterns are quite different from the brands now on the Aussie market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Check out the size of those worm tails plastics. Can hear the jewies licking their lips already. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Well you know I'm not trying to over compensate for something when I land a mac this big! :rofl:

Oh the shame of having to post this pic, but I'm a sucker for free stuff(except std's) yet more evidence of my poor form in the last 6 months.

(mac caught trolling at the new Lee Point reef listed in latest FF mag.)

those Bozo's look goood enough to wear as earrings! :jester:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

actually got given a pack of these yesterday to use at corrob for the got one challenge.

These guys LOOK THE GOODS. Dont know how you couldnt catch fish with these things. They look awsome.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

They look the goods alright…..BOZO sponsored the Barra Classic (hence the “nobody laughs at my tackleâ€Â
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

tuna are hard fighters

Post by justin »

Well it was my first time out side the harbour in my 12 foot tinny and decided to go to east point to try my luck at catching a tuna. It was the post from Flicker that got me thinking and the competition to win some BOZO lures that inspired me to venture out. Got to be in it to win it I suppose.

Never caught a tuna before and didn’t really know what I was doing so :idea: a quick study of the Fish Finder Book and a read through previous post about tuna from the FFF members and I though I should be in for a chance here.

Well I was up at 630 :sleep: hooked the boat on grabbed a liquid breakfast and hit the water by about 7. The ramp next to the ski club was not to bad as the tide was almost full. When I arrived at east point I tied on a qantas coloured deep diver and trawled for about an hour for a short lived hook up and then another hour for nothing. I had to be back by 1030 and Looking at the time I was rapidly running short of I changed tactics and headed the boat for shore and to cut the engine and watch the birds. There were a lot of birds flying overhead but none diving down however they seem to be concentrating on one area so I grabbed the bait caster with 12lb line and the maribu jig attached and cast into the direction of the birds. First cast and in 2 winds of the handle I was on :fishing: and didn’t the little ABU know it, line was peeling so fast by the time I blinked a couple of times I was down to a little less than half a spool :banghead: . Seeing line vanish before my eyes I knew I was going to have to chase the fish. I chased it down and got most of my line back to be almost burnt again (do you know how hard it is to chase a fish down in a tiller steer on your own) this went on for a number of times before it had tired enough to just play it out. Finally I landed my first tuna :grin: on my first cast :grin: at a spot that I was fishing for the first time :grin: awesome.

To date this has been the best sports fish I have ever caught especially on 12lb line no wonder people like to catch them.
The picture is not to good as I had to use the timer and set the camera up on the esky. You can just see east point in the left of the photo and the lure just got in the photo some how if only I had arms like inspector gadget.
All in all I was stoked and I made it home by 1030
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

is it just me of does justin look like ricky ponting in that pick ?!?

worth a pack of bozos just for that!!!
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

that is a dead-set legendary effort justin!!! great fish, great photo (considering the circumstances!), great result.. very jealous well done bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Cheers,
Stuch.
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

Hey Beast,

I'll give it to ya, You bear all on the forum...only to find that there is NO HARBOUR FORESHORE in the background :banghead:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

tuna

Post by flicker »

Good stuff Justin, now you know why I like catching them so much, good fun!

Cheers Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

tuna

Post by flicker »

Good stuff Justin, now you know why I like catching them so much, they're good fun!

Cheers Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

Onya Justin, you may have just reinspired me to go with my originial plan of chasing some Tuna this weekend :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great report :mrgreen: "Yes super effort that"
Cheers
Craig
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

well done just :mrgreen: have to be in with a chance for those bozos mate :mrgreen:

:cheers: harmsey
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Outstanding effort, great stuff :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

I have a little camera tripod always in the boat for those times when I'm on my own and want to capture the moment (more like proof that I actually caught something!). It's about 6" long and stows just nicely in the console real easy to set up on the esky or any flat surface. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

................... has anybody got any pic's of fish that have been caught with the "BOZO'S" ???? i'm keen to hear if they work as good as they look

:cheers: ........... :cheers: ............. :cheers: ............. :cheers: ........... :cheers: ........... :cheers: ............. :cheers: ............. :cheers:

........................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................

don't laugh :jester: