Barra Nationals 2011

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Barra Nationals 2011

Post by Jules74 »

I have had a few enquiries today about the cancellation of the Club Marine Barra Nationals 2011.

Let me assure you that the comp has NOT been cancelled and at this stage no decision has been finalised as to whether it will be postponed or not.

The Barra Nationals committee is working hard to ensure the success of the competition and safety of its competitors and all competitors will be notified personally of any changes by Tuesday the 22nd March.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Julie Davies
President
Palmerston Game Fishing Club
0417 942 733

Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
double haul

Re: Barra Nationals 2011

Post by double haul »

Good to hear jules last thing i want is a clash with the billie comp as the nats will lose to that 1. :lol: Shows how much i pay attention out that way when did you pick up the batten n run with it elpresidenty. :mrgreen:
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

there was NO mention of the barra nats being cancelled the words , MAYBE POSTPONED was used people need to read what has been writen before before going off half cocked
double haul

Post by double haul »

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark slapper you call that half cocked you want to see me after a 30 pack. :rofl:
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

Maybe if you came down the club & said G'day & had a brewsky with me double haul, you'd know these things. Lol
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
double haul

Post by double haul »

ask darren what i normaly end up like after a tirp down there, n youll see why i only go 1 or 2 times a yr. :rofl:
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

Im all for the nats being POSTPONED till 22nd of may,it would be such a shame to hold it when the wheather has clearly made it impossible to go ahead with it at this stage ! I for one have fished all bar one of the comps and have seen many changes to the comp and the banyan farm,To try and hold with the park waterlogged would be horrendous!! where would those in tents camp? not to mention the damage the vehicals and trailers would do to the park? we drive all over the place!! Then theres the RAMP!! At the moment in under water so god knows what is left of that? And the river is too high to use the pontoons! so how the hell do you get ur boat in or out EVERYDAY AND NIGHT? The list of reasons go on and on, Lets wait till the 22 nd and go down their with all the positives we have every year and have a blast like we aways do!! I realy think it WILL be worth the wait dont you!!!
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Easier said than done at this stage, especially being so close to kick off.
Lot of anglers from all over with flights etc booked may not be happy, good chance most flight wouldn't be transferable.
I hear what you're saying but there's a lot more to it than just postponing.
The Classic was faced with the same dilemma last year and ended up going ahead.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
NT pirate
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NT pirate »

I think those teams involved who received the email - will understand - its is not am easy decision to go through and definitely not taken lightly whatever the outcome. I think the Classic was in the same position back in 2006 from memory and in conditions much closer to what they are now and on that occasion they postponed. The conditions faced last year are no where new as bad as they are at present and it is highl on the cards if the Nats committee decide to go ahead it is quite possible they might have to cancell alltogether just a few days out - which would be a disaster, i think is definitely not something that the committee or the competitors would want. Due credit to the committee they are well aware there is far more involved than just postponing. The Nats has a great reputation for doing the best they can for all competitors and i am sure this will continue.
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

Where's the optimism?
Hedgedbets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hedgedbets »

ah piece of p..s DH just fish the comp till the last day, fish all the way to the end zone if not much is happening you could always see if the DGFC will let you run out to sail from the mouth or get your decky to run your boat down and pick you up from the mouth of the daly and trawl back to sail city!!!!!! :mrgreen: lmao what a hard life choosing which comp to do dependant upon clashing dates I need your job. on second thoughts no i dont that means i would actualy have to work hard at some point :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Emil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Emil »

Looks like it is all down to the meeting this evening.
All of the competitiors got an email on Friday.
Fingers crossed, was looking forward to a week off!!!!
:drinking1:
cheers,
Emil
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

21 March 2011
Press Release
On behalf of the Organizing Committee for the 2011 Club Marine Insurance Barra Nationals we are pleased to confirm the “Ultimate Tournament” will proceed on April 10, 2011.
Over the past few weeks the committee has sought advice and counsel from former organizers, long term competitors, skippers, The Banyan Farm owners as well as scientists from the Bureau of Meteorology and the Department of Natural Resources. We have also carefully considered the preparedness of the venue following the flood events of February and March 2011. The analysis of the logistical issues around roads, food, fuel, condition of the boat ramp and the readiness of our pontoon system was taken into account in assessing the situation.
Competitor safety has been at the forefront of our risk analysis; given the information at hand we believe the tournament will be a safe and fun event.
We thank those teams and sponsors who have offered logistical support, equipment, their labour and additional funding to ensure everything is done to ensure the event is equal to if not better than those we have enjoyed over the past 15 years.

Regards
Ray Colley
Coordinator 2011 Club Marine Insurance Barra Nationals Committee
Palmerston Game Fishing Club