Barra Comp....

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Barra Comp....

Post by Wombles »

Hey guys,

How do you join or get invited for the barra comps around the topend......I so want to give them ago just dont know how to go about it or even if someone has a spot.....lol

Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
Queasy
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Barra Comp....

Post by Queasy »

Think you might be in the wrong spot just now........NT Crime?
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wombles »

I know- need a delete button!!! Sorry Matt
Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

The classic is by invitation.....limited numbers and often teams from previous years are invited back. Best way is to join a club and meet ppl who fish it and may be short one year. Otherwise you kinda need to get wellknown as a barra fisho. Run by the Darwin game fishing club so their website may have more info. The nationals are run by the Palmerston game fishing club. More laid back but they fishe the same river (Daly) for a week. I don't know how they select teams. Both events are well run and are well worth participating if you can. Other comps are run through the year at various systems around the top end. Look in the competitions section in the board index. The others are generally open to anyone.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

Contact the clubs, and ask for a expression of intrest to fish the comps nats or classic, the sooner you do it the better your chances ! as for this year both comps are full. give it a go for next year. i know the nats have a few new teams in each year... give it a go and i hope you get a go ..
bhawkless89
Gold Member
Gold Member

Barra Comp....

Post by bhawkless89 »

Mate come down to Palmerston Game Fishing Club on a Friday night at 7pm. Have a few bevvies and a good meal. Plus every month we try and hold a small comp eg. We'll all fish the harbour for most species or we may go to the Finniss for barra all have good prizes and are great fun.

PGFC runs the Barra Nats, Corrobberee park challenge, SWB (ladies only) and may others through out the year.

Any questions just PM me
Skipper of SCOREd
Suzuki DF115
4.5m Aqua Rat Punt
"Punts with Grunt"