3 months to go in the FFF Barra Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
bandit

3 months to go in the FFF Barra Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bandit »

I posted this in another thread, but here it is again for the entrants benfits that may have missed it.

currently recieved entries from following people in no particular order:

Pecheur
Muntzy
Max Power
Billster
zulks
itsinmeblood
lincoln
natho
rossco

a few other people are dropping theirs around soon, i know dingo and bullet are definates, as well as a coupple others..

I have organised some donations for the comp. A mate of mine Bigglen is donating half a dozen or so of his lures. He gave me a few awhile back to trial and get pics with and i must say the results have been better than good. getting some nice barra up to 90cm on them 8) i just gotta go pick up the loot and add to the collection..

Heres a pic of the bounty up for grabs

Theres 30 lures there at this stage. And 9 people paid up. Ive thrown in 10+ to the kitty out of my own stash from last years winnings and the classic, to help keep things interesting.

By the time the rest of the lures are in from Bigglen and a few other entrants where looking at around 45-50 lures in the kitty 8) 8) 8)

I can confirm that there will be prizes up for The biggest barra of each month, A Mystery Length for each month, a prize for the winner of the year, and i think a few more mystery things here and there :naughty:

As for the mystery length fish. originally this was being sorted out by matt and the rize was a Lure pack donated by DOA. A few people recieved this prize already. I will have to get onto matt and see if DOA are still supplying prizes for mystery length fish, hopefully they are, if not there is plenty of lures in the kitty to cover it.. 8)

I will get onto Gibbo as well, at the start of the year he said he would throw in a pliers pack to the kitty and set a mystery length. I can confirm that this length fish has gone off, however the person has not paid their entry fee.. To be fair if they do not pay up it will go to the next person who has given their entry and who caught this length fish :mrgreen:

As for the loot giveaway, i will be organising drinks in decemeber or january down at the skiclub or somewhere of the likes. We will set a date later on a date that suits the majority of entrants! This is a social comp and prizes are going to be fairly distributed. The way it looks at the moment everyone will get a prize. As i stated in an earlier thread im in it for the fun not lures and any i have won will be passed onto someone else.

I think the comps going well. Hard to get everyone interested cause the majority of the people who post on fff do not chase barra all year, which puts them off. this is the main reason why the mystery length was introdcued to encourage people who only get out chasing barra a few times a year to enter and be in with a chance. We have also had a coupple of quality drinkups along the way. And i for one have made some good mates directly through the fff barra challenge.

cheers to everyones thats on board. A big thanks must go to Meterclubwannabe for doing the scoreboard every month, all the way from WA :clap: as well as a few other people that have started monthly threads while i have been away working at sea.

Im more than happy to stand aside next year and give someone else ago. ill support it again next year and hopefully a few more people will get on board. cause basically the more people that enter the more prizes there are to go around for everyone.

cheers and good luck for the rest of the year. :drinking1:

Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Re: 3 months to go in the FFF Barra Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Dingo »

Bandit, Good on ya I say.

Keep the mystery's til the end then it is a mystery.

I reckon stick up a date shortly for late mid to late Jan when people are back from holidays for a presentation and also get a date together for a XMAS p..s up. Ski Club is a good joint, maybe even a Saunday so a few with kiddies could come along, might get a few more then and young blokes like yourself can party on into the night.

This comp has had much less interest than last year, everyone was pumped last year. I think th epeople who tried for 12 months last year, simply cant be bothered this year, which is fair enough. There are some newies this year, but it is no way near as competitive as last year. It will always need newies like Lincoln and Zulks to keep it competitive for the top few spots. But is about everyone else aswell.

I for one will never catch barra for 12 months a year, but go in it for a bit of fun and hope to meet up with a few people. Hopefully I can snag a mystery one month, but who cares if I dont, it just a friendly bit of competition and banter.

If you have not got your lures in send Bandit a PM and make sure you can get to the Dec or Jan p..s up.

I know there are alot of people who have lost interest but it does not matter if you only catch a couple of barra a year, it is just something to get on and have some fun.

I might tlak to Matt about a couple of other fishing Comp Ideas I have just for fun, nothing serious.

Bandit if you need help or dont want to do it next year send me a PM, and I can help you out and do it.

Get off the net and get fishing.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 3 months to go in the FFF Barra Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dirtyruiz »

Looks good boys I'll be in for next year, it might help me get some more dry season barra...