2018 Iron Jack NT Barramundi Classic

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2018 Iron Jack NT Barramundi Classic

Post by Blinky » Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Flickin4em wrote:Thanks for the helpful info there blinky... what did u actually catch for yr few grand?
Check the board, I got a few.

As Matt says:
Matt Flynn wrote:He caught some good times.

Very few people are worried about dollars-per-kilo.

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Matt Flynn wrote:
Well it's catch and release anyway matt so no kilos allowed for the few grand you've spent each

Blinky "check the board i got a few" is that you with 1 fish on 3 of the days and doughnuts for 2 ..... jeez mate you really are a true well respected ledgend of the North well bl..dy done, top effort. Perhaps you should try some 6 inch nilsies next lap out that way if you want to interupt you hardcore drinking trip with a few barra . :mrgreen:

Was asking as I was under the impression that Blinky handcrafts his own timber lures so was seeing if they're even any good at catching fish or just for taking up more room in the trays of wannabe fishermen.....seems the results speak for themselves hey.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM » Fri May 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Won’t be long now

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk » Fri May 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Why do marathon runners pay entry fees and travel all around the world to run with other people. Why do train their arses of to go the the olympics when they could just throw a shot put in their back yard, or run really fast around the footy oval.
You seem to think that being a respected fisherman has something to do with fish caught.
Having a dig at a lure maker that in this mass production age, that can make a crust with carving and painting hand made work of arts (that I reckon are too good to be chucking in a creek). Who tinkers with a new design and post a picture and instantly has a 3 month waiting list, with not a single person asking how much, but rather how many can I have. If you can not respect that you are not the sharpest bowling ball on the pool table.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 am

Lol, ahh good times. Lets all fish the remotest areas and spray a few swampie rats and say we are guns

The best fisherman catch fish in the hardest locations no matter what the conditions. So many times people who catch lots of fish in ideal conditions come to these comps and catch fark all because they have restrictions and some one else is picking the tides ect. Funny part is the winning team still had to fish with those restrictions and tides. The truely good fisherman catch more than the next because they have learnt to fish better then those wanna be,s that only fish in easy conditions and remote areas.

Yes it is a skill to know when and where but it is more of a skill to catch fish under pressure. Any way, the social side of these events plays a massive part. The fishing is only a small excuse.

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 am

101,94,92 and plenty in the 80s too are all rats apparently these days cudddles if so I would love to hook a horse 1 day then ....

Not fishing "remote" areas either mate all are within a couple of hrs of humpty doo.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay » Sat May 19, 2018 6:40 am

Flickin4em wrote:
Matt Flynn wrote:
Well it's catch and release anyway matt so no kilos allowed for the few grand you've spent each

Blinky "check the board i got a few" is that you with 1 fish on 3 of the days and doughnuts for 2 ..... jeez mate you really are a true well respected ledgend of the North well bl..dy done, top effort. Perhaps you should try some 6 inch nilsies next lap out that way if you want to interupt you hardcore drinking trip with a few barra . :mrgreen:

Was asking as I was under the impression that Blinky handcrafts his own timber lures so was seeing if they're even any good at catching fish or just for taking up more room in the trays of wannabe fishermen.....seems the results speak for themselves hey.
Average form knocking a bloke on his hand made lures

wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:12 am

Flickem4em,
I think you need to stop slagging people off mate.
it's like a broken record mate!!!!

wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:12 am

How about you take a chill pill dude

Bazzabait

Post by Bazzabait » Sat May 19, 2018 10:37 am

Have seen a lot of the online personalities found out when they join the Classic or Nats. Would be great to see Flicken4em have a crack against the comp field. I reckon he might quieten down a bit then!

That would be a real challenge, not just a bet to use a light rod with an oversized spin reel (stradic 4000) for 12 months.

Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Simmo83 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:37 am

I'll bite as to what your money gets you because there actually might be people out there who want to know as EOI's will be called for very soon for 2019.

Your entry gets you:
* 3 anglers entered
* sponsor kit bag for all
* team kit box with extra sponsor material
* Tournament shirt, hat and stubby holder per person
* 260L of fuel and a extra 60L if you participate in the junior classic
* cooked brekkie and dinner for 7 days
* packed lunch for 7 days

Yes, you can still bring your own alcohol, it just cannot be consumed near the hall and bar. You need to pay for your accommodation site, be it a room or a camping spot, perhaps some additional food and water as required.

what money cannot buy you is a week on the water fishing alongside 50 odd other teams testing yourself in the hardest conditions the daly will throw at you as the pressure on the local fish to make them bite is heaps more than normal, making mates for life, trying to catch that magic metery to join a elite list of lucky anglers each year and enjoying a week away without work is surely worth something. If it wasn't worth it to the competitors they wouldn't come back very year.

If you fish and you're concerned about spending money, quit now you tightarse and take up drugs or something.

I wasn't even competiting down there, helped as a volunteer as a tow boat as required and another boat for the junior classic kids and i've done a prop shaft/gearbox but i'll be back again next year because it's a great week with mates.
Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for that info there Bruce you're right there i wasn't the only 1 chasing up info on it thanks for your efforts they're much appreciated. If Blinky had simply provided that bit of info the next response wouldn't have occurred.....as for his lures I'm sure they work and theres a few unique designs there and some quality paint schemes too but the 3 fish result on them isn't that promising check the comp results above as hard evidence I'm not slagging him just pointing out facts..

Sorry if u guys got all upset over it.

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick » Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Cuddles touches on the real value of a comp at this level (at least from my perspective) and it’s absolutely priceless. That is the learning curve that comes with fishing against others hell bent on winning. If you have a competitive bone in your body you’ll respond to the challenge and that’s where you have the opportunity of coming away a better angler. Don’t think for a second you can get anywhere near that sort of experience fishing with your mates. Where are the skills gained, consolidated and implemented, at a State of Origin level or in the backyard playing touch? What sort of value in dollar terms do you place on that opportunity and what is the value of success at that level? What defines success? Could be for many the fact that you landed a fish (regardless of size) in in a situation you may not have in the past, in that situation the dollars has just become an investment that will gain you a nice rate of interest down the track.
Add to that the networking and the social aspects and you can see why many consider it money well spent.
Regarding fish between a metre and 80cm, they are handsome young fish for certain, some not yet sexually mature but in context that’s all they are, just ponies. What is a horse depends on your perspective. Most would say 120cm and above qualifies. But crowbarring one of 110cm out of the timber also fits the bill me thinks due to the circumstances.
Regards Dick

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky » Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Flickin4em wrote:If Blinky had simply provided that bit of info the next response wouldn't have occurred.....as for his lures I'm sure they work and theres a few unique designs there and some quality paint schemes too but the 3 fish result on them isn't that promising check the comp results above as hard evidence I'm not slagging him just pointing out facts..
I can’t get my head around how me failing to provide you with info made you start go off like a pork chop.........explain that one to me will you.

I post up some bits and pieces about the Classic, next minute I’m being attacked.........FFS, and some wonder why long term members of this forum no longer visit or post.

As for the facts regarding the lures.......you have absolutely no idea!
Just so you can get your facts in order, there were many anglers using my lures in the comp, there were a lot of fish caught on them. You are correct on one point, results do speak for themselves.........

I apologise for not providing the info you required but I was sick of wasting my time on a dickhead......
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures

Return to “Clubs, Comps”