2008 NT Barra Classic

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

2008 NT Barra Classic

Post by Blinky »

Invites for the '08 Barra Classic (10 - 17/5/08) are out.
Anyone get one?

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

................ no mate i got snobbed by Darwin Game Again this year ............ OH well i guess you know who your friends are ........ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ............ Just joking

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

No not yet.....I am waiting for an invite onboard your boat though blinky :grin: :grin:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

You never know your luck in a big city boys!
Me and the guys I have fished with for the past 9 years have split to make separate teams, the two boys I have approached for next years assault are old mates and have been in it once or twice previously. Both are a being a bit tardy with their commitment.

I can't promise anything but........... if either pull the pin, something may be arranged.
Blinky

andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Blinky would be very keen for a seat if the opportunity comes up.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No problem here with making the commitment... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Fellas,
I have had one of the blokes pull the pin on the Classic due to work commitments.
I have had 7 blokes expressed an interest in getting a seat. I’m in a quandary as to who comes aboard! I know some of you have mentioned it on more than one occasion and I don’t want to upset anyone!

So……….the way I see it......... the only fair and reasonable way to choose the next team member is to draw the name out of a hat. That person then gets first option.

If you’re happy with that I’ll do the deed and let you know tonight.
Blinky

Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

woohoo!!!

a desperate man lottery...would love to be filming that one when it happens :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

personally, if it were me blinky, i would let them high bid on alcohol supplies.

it would go something like this

2rods would go all frantic early on but will be easily distracted by anything shiny, backcast would keep flicking out different artificial bids which you will turn your nose up, so with noone looking will put a live bid on...and southy, who knows the rules in bidding will wait to the end and gazump everyone... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Draws been done...........2Rods was first name out, he has first option.

Sorry to the boys that were unlucky.

All legit and above board, the hat draw was actually done in Canberra by the other team member.

Let the hunt for the Holy Grail begin!
Blinky

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Kevin Kevinson wrote:woohoo!!!

a desperate man lottery...would love to be filming that one when it happens :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

personally, if it were me blinky, i would let them high bid on alcohol supplies.

it would go something like this

2rods would go all frantic early on but will be easily distracted by anything shiny, backcast would keep flicking out different artificial bids which you will turn your nose up, so with noone looking will put a live bid on...and southy, who knows the rules in bidding will wait to the end and gazump everyone... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You crack me up KK.... I have told the wife and the kids..STOP EATING... we have a fishing comp to go to...well I do anyway :mrgreen:

:catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch: :catch:

2RODS

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

How about best out of 3... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: re draw blinky..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had all my gear packed and have been waiting at the gate.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

andrew.south wrote:How about best out of 3... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: re draw blinky..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had all my gear packed and have been waiting at the gate.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh SHEESH Southy, so that's what you were doing out front of my place the other arvo!
You could've just backed that boat in through my front gates, I'd look after it for you................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blinky

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

I spent 1/2 the day getting lures ready and try to find sponsors :roll: all go from this end blinky.. I'll get your email when I go to work tomorrow night :mrgreen:

HOW MANY SLEEPS TO GO :sleep: :sleep: :???:

2RODS

As John Wayne once said:

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

2rods wrote:I spent 1/2 the day getting lures ready and try to find sponsors :roll: all go from this end blinky.. I'll get your email when I go to work tomorrow night :mrgreen:

HOW MANY SLEEPS TO GO :sleep: :sleep: :???:
I'd better nip down to Unhappy's and spend that voucher the lads in my football team gave me..............I've seen your "wall de lure" and I'm not going to be out done! :lolpoint:

By my reckoning there is 224 sleepless nights left! :bonk:
Blinky

barra_on_fly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barra_on_fly »

I got mine! :cheers:

I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite! :lol:

I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite!I got my Classic invite! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Hey Blinky , I've posted an armed guard down on the pontoon for you to ensure no nomads try and take your spot, he might have an interesting time of it over the wet, but I'll just keep feeding him red cans until you arrive :wink:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....