12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic (17 & 18 May)

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 12th Annual Reel Women Barra Classic (17 & 18 May)

Post by JewieQueen »

Matt Flynn wrote:Congrats JQ :mrgreen:

Any decent-sized fish caught?
The biggest fish for the weekend was a 92cm, we watched on as hooking not sooking caught it. 5 mins before my team mate lost a big fish, Dani got a 91cm, Colleen Land with a 78cm (i think) couple were caught in the 80's but other than that it was the same story really as the daly. Small fish, big fish and nothing really in betwee and very hard to find fish. Watched a porpoise eat a bigger fsh. Maybe that is what happened to all the barra? :lol:

Thanks Nathan, your wifey did awesome along with th rest of the team.. No matter what comp it is they always go hard and dont stop. We took alot of inspiration on board from thier performance

Also some twit accused all the winners of being past the closure line which was 100 percent bull twang just to clear that up before rumours circulate!

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

always got to be a sore loser in any comp im afraid. Was the best fun ive ever had at any fishing comp ive been involved with. Fishing is only half of whats important at reel womans I reckon, having fun is just as important.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

stuart wrote: Tell ya if your in the market for a boat would have been a good place to be to ask owners of there opinion. Just about every alloy boat in the world there

Bet there was no Rebles there,their
owners are to clever to get caught up in
that crazy busy type of thing.It sounds
like it all went off without too much
agro at least. I would say you had the
only Ralph Morgan special in the line up
too Doug.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

I am mates with a few of the ladies on the winning team.. Great people great fishers and as honest as...

Was glad to see them win...

Maybe next year JQ...

Great job to Emma too..
JewieQueen wrote:

The biggest fish for the weekend was a 92cm, we watched on as hooking not sooking caught it. 5 mins before my team mate lost a big fish, Dani got a 91cm, Colleen Land with a 78cm (i think) couple were caught in the 80's but other than that it was the same story really as the daly. Small fish, big fish and nothing really in betwee and very hard to find fish. Watched a porpoise eat a bigger fsh. Maybe that is what happened to all the barra? :lol:

Thanks Nathan, your wifey did awesome along with th rest of the team.. No matter what comp it is they always go hard and dont stop. We took alot of inspiration on board from thier performance

Also some twit accused all the winners of being past the closure line which was 100 percent bull twang just to clear that up before rumours circulate!
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

2rods wrote:I am mates with a few of the ladies on the winning team.. Great people great fishers and as honest as...

Was glad to see them win...

Maybe next year JQ...

Great job to Emma too..
JewieQueen wrote:

All good mate :mrgreen: if i had to loose my title from last year by choice it would be to them girls. They fish hard and dont procrastinate as much as we do and they are a GREAT bunch of ladies :mrgreen: poor Dani was quite upset before presentations kicked off about these cheating allegations, we both knew we hadn't been anywhere near the closure. Matter of fact where we both fished in the big Finniss was below the 1st rock bar. Without naming names he was just sore that he didnt get one of his girls on a fish for the weekend.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

Thanks for the comments jq! We thought it was an awesome comp and. A great bunch of ladies fishing it. We e
Always enjoy a catch up with you back at camp during comps and would feel the same if you had taken on the title. Congrats to you for backing up last years title with another good result. Sadly there's always someone who's unhappy during comps it brings out the best in people :/ hope to see you again for swb in October :)
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

JewieQueen wrote:and dont procrastinate as much as we do
Does procrastinate come in cans or bottles? :rofl: :rofl:
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Procrastinate comes in small bottles the Lodge of Dundee sold heaps of them over the comp, they had a special two for one on.....
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

nomad wrote:
JewieQueen wrote:and dont procrastinate as much as we do
Does procrastinate come in cans or bottles? :rofl: :rofl:
Dundee Hombre wrote:Procrastinate comes in small bottles the Lodge of Dundee sold heaps of them over the comp, they had a special two for one on.....
:rofl: :rofl:

Both wrong! We saved our liver punishment until presentation night :cheers:

JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

meterclubwannabe wrote:Thanks for the comments jq! We thought it was an awesome comp and. A great bunch of ladies fishing it. We e
Always enjoy a catch up with you back at camp during comps and would feel the same if you had taken on the title. Congrats to you for backing up last years title with another good result. Sadly there's always someone who's unhappy during comps it brings out the best in people :/ hope to see you again for swb in October :)
Thanks love, had a blast and a good laugh with you all!

Bring on October. We will be there in our fishing wear :lol: