where to buy my engel?

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

where to buy my engel?

Post by BEAR »

does anyone have any recommendations where to purchase a 60 or 80 litre engel?
Bear

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: where to buy my engel?

Post by theodosius »

20 % off at repco in the city with a ant card, I think
Jonno
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jonno »

If you can hold off for a couple of months most places will do you a deal to get them moving. Plus they will have the winter give away pack that all sorts of goodies in it. I got both mine from BCF and they threw in the transit bags as well as being $100 cheaper than anywhere else I could find at the time.
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

ive been looking on ebay to find one and the prices on ebay are nearly as high as a new one

might as well buy a new one

the best price ive found is truckstop at wodonga,vic

but freight for you would be the killer
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

cheers
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Wow had a big sale the other day on there waeco range if that helps.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by troamaru »

Mate up here you're far better off with a Fridgemate, made by EVAKOOL, they draw less power because they're far better insulated and you can knock them around a lot more than an engel, you can get upto 60 degrees below ambient to, better than any waeco or engel, Danfoss compressor in them so no reliabilty issues there and evakool have one of the best names when it comes to backing up there products warranty wise. You can get a 90L Fridgemate for around $1200, compare that with the price of an 80L engel or Waeco. Oh and my fridgemate lasts a lot longer on battery then my engel ever did, better insulation = compressor running less frequently and for shorter periods = less power consumption.. oh and if its reasonably cool at night I don't even plug it in, being an esky it sstays cold. Hope that helps you a bit.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Ben Jam wrote:Wow had a big sale the other day on there waeco range if that helps.
Bear had huge issues with waeco before so I can bet my lefty he will not buy another one.
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

I personally wont buy one, because I don't think I would get my moneys worth, I'd rather hire one at $60/70 a week because I would only use it on few trips a year. The way I see it a 2 week long trip is $140, it would take ten years before it would be worth while for me to own one. In ten years it would be pretty outdated. That's for me, I understand people use them everyday which would make it worth every cent.

Sorry to hijack your thread Bear.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

a mate had an early waco and it was non stop trouble

i bought an 'auto fridge' about 20 years ago and it just died last mth after non stop service. never had a problem - til now- but i would buy another in a flash
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

I picked up a 3 year old one with a travel cover -(60ltr) for $600 , if your patient they come up from time to time.
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Mate got one locally and it came with a good quality telescopic barra rod. Great deal i reckon
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

Hi bear, I have a new 60ltr Engel that I want to move on , cost price $1500 , make me an offer , I also have a 35 ltr engel that I will sell at cost or below ?
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

nomad wrote:a mate had an early waco and it was non stop trouble

i bought an 'auto fridge' about 20 years ago and it just died last mth after non stop service. never had a problem - til now- but i would buy another in a flash
agree with nomad there....forgotten how many times ive seen people trying to fix waco fridges in the middle of no where

ive flogged my engal over 15 years and it was great.ive just put a new comprseeor in though ...but 15 yrs is a fair effort
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

I HATE waeco! not good when you have to live on fish and rice for weeks on end because your waeco s...ts itself and all your frozen tucker spoils :banghead: and ya drinking kimberley cool beers :drinking5:

troamaru - have you got the plastic or fibreglass model? after my waeco issues I am reluctant to get anything that hasnt got word of mouth reliability like the engels have. I went for the unproven waeco 15 years ago and payed with numerous trips drinking hot p..s and eating baked beans and 2 min noodles which really wasnt to bad but have the missus and 2 ball and chains to keep happy while camping now. I mean god help me if the freezer fails and their ice creams defrost and soft drinks get hot :bbad: