Spots for camping??

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
rosho
Silver Member
Silver Member

Spots for camping??

Post by rosho »

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can help out with a few spots to go camping, went out litchfield over weekend and was packed so if anyone no's of anywhere would be great for a little help, have 4wd and wouldnt mind doing some fishing as well but not fussed anywhere up to a coulpe of hours from Darwin Whould be good

Thankyou

JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Spots for camping??

Post by JewieQueen »

Hi Rosho,

One of my favorite spots away from the crowds is Douglas Daly Tourist park. They have an esplanade along the Douglas river you can camp on and whats better is you can swim, throw cheribin pots in, fish it or jump in you car and head up the road to Oolloo Crossing (Part of the Daly) and fish that. Appox 2.5 hrs from Darwin and a nice quiet scenic spot.

Cheers

JQ
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

2nd that JQ. Top spot for families as well. Next spot would be mouth of the Finness. Fairly quite,good fishing. but bities extremely friendly.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

Mate give this spot a go.
You have to pay, but its a nice place, with good camping spots and some water. You can fish off the land (go to the boat ramp and turn right and walk on the beach behind the mangroves there is a spot that leads out to the water it looks like a shell path) and if you scout about there are other places to fish, which might be worth a look

http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/permit ... point.html

Lots of mozzies at times and there are crocs about so be aware

Chris
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

If you head out the Arnhem hgy & a little way before you get to mary river bridge turn left into bird billabong ,you can drive for miles out there with a nice creek crossing & if you drive far enough you can come out on rockhole rd.There is a turn off on the way on this track where you can get to back of corroboree billabong :croc: & Ive camped there a few times & done real well of the bank just fishing behind the lillies but with the big wet weve had you may not get to the corroboree bit yet,rangers would be able to tell you & best part is you very rarely see a soul out there :mrgreen: