Firist Channel Point Trip....

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Firist Channel Point Trip....

Post by Wombles »

Hello Fisho's

Well we packed the car and boat for our first fishing trip to Channel Point/Perons. We left the weekend of the AFL grand final (Sunday) and decide to meet up at Noonamah at 6 so we got there about 6:45am lol great start already!

We decide to take the Batchelor route, which turned out to be quicker than I thought. We arrived about 10am and decide to set up camp before we went fishing and get too many beers under our belt!

Day 1- We were on the water about 1pm head out to the million $ strip. Our group was 3 boats, 2 of us have never been in this neck of the wood before, and Baldy who thought he would just do his own thing and leave us 2 boats to do our's. We found some good ground and all that we caught was a lot of small tricky snapper. It was getting on and I decide to head back to see what Baldy was catching after all he wasn't moving for a good couple of hrs. When I got over there I ask the question, "have you caught anything?" Their reply was just a small Goldie and he held this monster of goldie! If it was, if not close to a meter. I don't have a pic of this Goldie but it was massive, the biggest Goldie I have ever seen! Well that topped me off so I headed back to the other boat. I tried to get a plan going knowing that I have no way points for the Perons. I tried flicking, trolling around he rocks on the South Peron with no luck. It was getting dark so we started to head back to the ramp to only find out that we missed the tide! Baldy, the guy who has fished the Perons decide to head back and not tell anyone lol. :bricks:

So out comes the hotdog maker and that is what we had for dinner on the first night. I decide to head back to the million dollar strip and sit on the Jewie hole. First 5min my mate Troy was on, played it for 5min and snap goneeeeeeeeeeeeee. I said to the boys it's going to be one of those trips lol. 5min later we are on again, Wazza who loves the barra fishing has never caught a Jewie so his rod has gone off and he brings his first Jewie on the boat 107 cms and high 5's all round! We ended up with 4 Jewie's on the night. 2 from wazza and 2 from Andy who has also never caught a Jewie.
Waz 107 & 104 Jewie.JPG
Andy 2 Jewies _2.JPG
We got back to camp about 1am so we started to fillet the fish and cryvac and straight on the ice.

Day 2- We headed over to Cape Ford and Red Cliff to try to get us some good size Goldie's!!! One the way it was rough :surf: and my mate Wazza the Daly Man, was cracking it. (To Old for this s..t) so we keep on pushing to Cape Ford. 40km later we found some good ground, but for our return was only big tricky snapper!!! Most of the day was spent there so I decided to head to red cliff only to look down at my sounder to find out that we went past red cliff 10km :sleep: by this time the wind had picked up so we headed back to camp for a big cook up and more beers! Baldy stayed out that night!

Day 3- Our last day....woke up and gave Baldy a call on the radio asking him how did he go and DOES HE NEED ANY FUEL? his answer "no we are coming in for a shower." We headed to North Peron on a glass out day. Birds were working everywhere and tuna and macks busting up the bait balls. Baldy decide to come over and have a look and tells us he is low on fuel at this point I was :evil: so him and Marz went to find spots closer to shore (Marz was not happy at all!)

We ended up having a great day esky full with goldie's and tuna coral trout it was a good day, especially going back to the other 2 with empty eskys!

Here are some pic's of our catch...Want to head back!
Davey Big Catch.JPG
Miller Golden Snapper.JPG
First drop 65cm Goldie
Davey Coral Trout _Miller Golden Snapper.JPG
Next fish coral trout.
Davey Tuna.JPG
Miller Mackeral.JPG
Troy's first Mack
Miller Tuna.JPG
and first Tuna....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Firist Channel Point Trip....

Post by theodosius »

Top trip!! Well done
balawisway
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by balawisway »

well done Wombles...I was wondering when the write up from the trip was coming...saw that Goldie Baldy caught, he could of put a saddle on that thing :)
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

That's a bl..dy top trip
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

great trip :clap:
How do you lift 2 x big fish like that? aahh the old days 8)
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wombles »

Too funny, seeing wazza try and lift his 2 Jewies and then Andy the lifting his 2 with ease, Wazza was stuffed. Lol
Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
Sister Ed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sister Ed »

Great write up with pics, well done.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

good trip Wombles,,healthy looking jews,top work lads :mrgreen:
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Great post mate some cracking fish there .
Thanks for sharing a great trip.
Finatic2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Finatic2 »

Nice work fellas, great looking water on your last day
Fish stories told here....some true !!!

When in doubt...exaggerate !!
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Nice trip lads
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Great trip, great photos,

Cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Great pics, top fish and nice weather too

Well done Wombles

Might try and get down there for a trip this month
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!