Douglas Daly camping/fishing

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Mudic
Silver Member
Silver Member

Douglas Daly camping/fishing

Post by Mudic »

Heading down to Douglas Daly with the family camping over easter and have been told the hot springs will still be closed, so was wondering if there is any good fishing around the tourist park... I have heard that Olloo crossing is good, but i'm pretty sure there will still be alot of water there... Will be taking the little ones, so will not be able to do too much walking throught the bush.... Not after any secret spots, but if anyone has some spots they are willing to share it would be appreciated...

Cheers Mudic

Mudic
Slayer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Douglas Daly camping/fishing

Post by Slayer »

Mudic have caught Barra and Sooties in most of the deeper pools around the tourist Park. Last time I was there I acually had a 80ish Barra boof a sootie I was fighting on my kids little spin stick and bust me off. The bigger sooties like running water (rapids Etc)Lots of spots to explore and great spot to take the little ones.
silverfox
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by silverfox »

Watch the handbags with this big wet............
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Ask your workmate Shane IZ he owns a few k's of river frontage just down from the tourist park. :idea: :idea:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

The swamp before the olloo crosing might be up stopping access. If you go to the bridge with a spot light the place is alive with sml barra and cherabin. If they are there they must eat. The main hole must have some decent fish in it.
tight lines