Who's running a hybrid 4WD?

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Who's running a hybrid 4WD?

Post by Matt Flynn »

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... 95841c2894

Says the Rav4 hybrid is a big seller ... not exactly a Shady Camp boat towing vehicle, but anyone on here running a hybrid 4WD?

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Who's running a hybrid 4WD?

Post by theodosius »

Never seen one. I've been with gotnone out to shady in his A3 towing a boat once
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Hadn’t heardthatone. :D
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Never seen one.
Me either.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

We all will be shortly.

Only hope left for Aus now is that the ALP ends up with a majority and doesn't need to make deals with the crazy greenies or Simon Holmes-Acort's mob. Least worse scenario.
Regards
Ronje
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Looks like that's happening in the House of Reps. Labor needs 77 seats (76 to have a majority on the floor + 1 as a speaker).

Ironic isn't it that Bob Katter has guaranteed Labor supply and confidence on the floor of Reps just to make the Teals efforts redundant should Labor fall 1 short.

Ironic isn't it that although the Simon Holmes-Acort plan worked well for him (took seats from the Libs so they couldn't form Govt), with Labor having a majority the Teals aren't needed and don't have a job (being a a "one trick pony" of climate change. No party - no policies).

He had the right tactics to win an election but no party and no policies to govern if the balance of power role went haywire (which it did).

They have no influence so they'll sit there doing nothing for 3 years at community expense. Maybe Simon might stump up with their salaries/electoral expenses etc.

So the composition of the Senate is the next area of concern.

Malcom Turncoat took the Libs off to the left (he was a rejected Labor Party aspirant before joining the libs.) Labor rejected his application to join so he joined the Libs and attempted to turn it into another Labor party instead. It was looking like Aus had 2 Labor parties at one stage.

The Libs deserted their supporters.

We need to remember that a lot the defeated bunch of Libs supported Mr Turncoat in that and continued to espouse labor/green tendencies right up until the election. Morrison, Friedenberg, Sharma etc.

The libs lost 19 seats and quite a few of them were the bedwetting/better not offend anybody by disagreeing. Morrison the manager (not Morrison the leader) is still there as is Burmingham.

The Libs need to re-invent themselves and/or woo the supporters that Labor has deserted over the last 10 years. Do we really think that either task can be done in 3 years?
Regards
Ronje
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

This is an interesting analysis Ron but the thread is about hybrid/electric 4WD :D

I think you are right tho, many of us will be driving electrics in due course.

I believe it is Norway where it is almost 100% Tesla on the road (don't have time to confirm via Google right now)?
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Yeah. Yer right. Hybrids.
Only excuse I can offer is whenever I think about electric cars I think about the crazy lefties and the political mess we're now in.

Can't go fishing as the ute's transmission is being repaired. 3 weeks so far. If it was a hybrid, it'd be the battery cactus.
Regards
Ronje
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I think the worst thing that happens if we clean up our planet, even if there's no other effect, is that we end up with a clean planet. Seems like a no brainer