Good Mechanic

Tell us a camping story. Let us guess? You left the cooking oil and bog roll at home ...
nautildawg82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Good Mechanic

Post by nautildawg82 »

Hi Crew,

Still new around here, for those who I have interacted with before there have been no new developments (but will keep you informed)...........

Anyway in other news, I wanted to ask about good mechanics in town. I have a stock Nissan Navara 2005 D22. Just drove it from Alice to Darwin 7 days ago. Since, I have had difficulty in changing into first from a standing start, and then issues changing down. I'm not mechanically minded but I have a feeling that I am in for some significant work. Just recently had a service prior to the drive from Alice........

Cheers all,

Rob

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Good Mechanic

Post by mickkk »

There's some thing mechanics can try before pulling the box out. They can try different viscosity oils, or different type of oils.
I use a"ll rural mechanical" in Humpty Doo, and they did this for me, and I never had to change the box in the end.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Dave at Nightcliff motors (coonawarra rd winellie) is a good man with Nissans. He does our Patrol and has for years.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Start by checking clutch master and slave and go from there... If you need someone mobile let me know.
Cheers
Scott
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne