Goats with the bow

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Goats with the bow

Post by whomper37 »

I went on this trip in 2004, just before I moved to Darwin.. Early start as usual in the hopes of finding a nice Rusa stag. Not much in the way of deer early on but had some fun with a few mobs of goats, the best one measured 39 inches tip to tip.... Two smaller billies and a pilot billy with no horns, they are all ways the first to be shot out of any mob so they dont breed too many young ones with the same deformity... Only found one mob of deer around lunch time. My mate shot a large stag which then ran accross the river and died on the other side :banghead: Went back the next weekend to find him because the river was running a little too hard... Nice stag that went about 24 inches, great day out really, about the only thing I miss about central NSW. If they only had some Barra...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

......................... some nice goats there mate ................. :mrgreen:

.......................... i did a bit of goat shooting around The Warrumbungles near Coonabarrabran a while back, great fun i liked snipeing them off of rock ledges with my 300wm very spectacular watching them fall off the ledges and crash through the trees below

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

yeah you can get them in some strange places, I have some video of goats being shot out of trees, alot of fun with the bow....
no eye deer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by no eye deer »

What sort of equipment you using? I use a Switchback@63# Montecs-Axis"s etcWe get pigs as big as hippos out here :grin: and you should see the size of the hippo's. :grin:

Mark
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

I shoot a matthews solo cam ultra 2 not sure of the weight bout 65 70. Yeah have seen some of the hippos never had the bow though, been too busy chasing fish!! Would like to get into it though...
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Nice goat pics...been a LONG time since I shot some of them.

But I have to ask about the second picture with the stag in the river.....is that an arrow sticking out of it's bum :???: :???:

Being a bit of a hunter I would have thought a "Texas Heart" shot was not kosher.... even with a bow :???:

Maybe I am seeing things :bonk: :bonk:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Its actually coming out of the last rib on the off side, not a perfect shot but did the job. Deer can give pigs lessons in being tuff sometimes!!!
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

goats

Post by flicker »

Good set of horns on that billy alright, bit more legwork and patience required for that sort of hunting than the motorised masacres we used to partake in.

Cheers Flicker :mrgreen: [/code]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
you don't know if you don't give it a go

Return to “Hunter”