Another Bow!

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Jez
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another Bow!

Post by Jez »

Getting pretty bad with the collecting i'm doing but does anyone have an opinion of the best bow to buy for the conditions up here? I'm looking for something in the 60-70lbs draw and around 26-30inch length...any and all opinions would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

which bow would be best for you will depend on a few factors like price range, whether you want to shoot compound, recurve or longbow and what you want to use it for? have you shot a bow before? give us a few more details and I can probaly point you in the right direction mate!

BEAR
Myst
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Myst »

Howdy Jez,
Bears right on (as usual!), lots of different factors come into play. If you want to have a few shots with mine (compound 55>70lb Martin Slayer) give me a hoy and you're welcome to have a crack... other option is try Top End Bowhunters one Sunday and have a chat with the boys n girls there
Cheers
Myst
I'm having Deja Moo... the feeling that I've been through this bullsh*t before....
Jez
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jez »

Hi guys, I'm looking for a compound bow...mainly for hunting pigs and goats. Not really interested in the big stuff like buff's but someone will prob twist my arm one day! :twisted: I'm looking to spend between 0-$700 but if something special comes up i might look to spend a bit more...I had a bow as a kid but haven't used one in years! just moved back up to the territory so i really want to get into it again!
I was thinking maybe a:
Hoyt?
PSE?
Bowtech?
What other options are there and is it best to buy a new one or wait till one comes up?
Thanks again for the help guys!
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

for that price range I would look at a second hand bow from www.aussiebowhunter.com there a some good deals on there. for that price you should be able to find a reasonable deal that has all the fruit already on it or at least haggle the price down for a better bow thats for sale :smoking: . you will be hard pressed finding a new bow for that price mate :banghead: and it will cost more again to set it up. if you are looking for a new bow though martin bows at archery mart are a great entry level bow at a reasonable price :grin:
Jez
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jez »

I can get a Bowtech Diamond Nitrous 08 with all the bells and whistles for around $700...is this a good bow do you think?
Or a Hoyt Avenger that is a bit older for a little bit more cash but still has most of the gear...
which do you think would be the best option?

Return to “Hunter”