SO.......I've lost my keys!! Now what???

ken_gilchrist
Seadog
Seadog

SO.......I've lost my keys!! Now what???

Post by ken_gilchrist »

Well you wouldn't read about it, I had planned a trip to the upper Adelaide to give it a go for the first time ever. After 3 different deckies canceling during the week I knew it was not a good start. How ever a mate came through this arvo and says he is good to go. So....I'm at home getting the boat ready and realize that it has been weeks since the boat was last kicked over so best check it now and not find out tomorrow on the ramp that the battery is flat. Well bugger me if I can find the keys after last outing, I have turned the whole house upside down but to no avail. I am over the fact that tomorrow is now a write off but I was planning on the Daly next week too and don't want to miss that one. What is the go for a new ignition??? I have a Bombardier control.

Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SO.......I've lost my keys!! Now what???

Post by Agent86 »

Try lots of keys!

I dropped the keys overboard out of my top pocket whilst leaning over to check the transducer at the Roper a few years back, even dived in after them, mad as, came out pretty quick though once the brain kicked into gear.

Anyway a mate, who is a mechanic had a heap of toolbox keys, one of them worked, luckily.

Might be able to find something that fits! I always keep the spare boat key with the car keys :-)

Hope you can work it out without too much trouble
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Hi Ken,

Wrap a rope around the flywheel and pull like buggery or maybe hotwire it!!! :rofl:

Sorry, no real constructive advise here.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

What motor? I have a new Yammie F70, happy to lend you a key, never know, it might work...
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

PM sent Ken.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Niglet
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Niglet »

just go up to local shops im sure one of the young fellers sould know how to hot wire it for ya
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Bombardier keys like the can am motor bike are like a coded key aren't they ??
ken_gilchrist
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ken_gilchrist »

Thanks for the PMs and ideas. I went to a boat shop here in Palmy to buy a new ignition barrel and nearly fell over when I was told it would cost me 110 bucks :cry: . Luckily they have spare keys for sale and I got two for 15 bucks 8) 8)

So at least I can still do the Daly this week so I am stoked.

Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

[quote="ken_gilchrist"]Thanks for the PMs and ideas. I went to a boat shop here in Palmy to buy a new ignition barrel and nearly fell over when I was told it would cost me 110 bucks :cry:

How about $1,500 just to get the car started after the transponder key stops working . Car won't start, so called a mobile mechanic, fits new battery, won't start, says its the key and needs to tow to workshop to use diagnostic equipment etc. Several days later and $700 and car not yet started :evil: . Tow to another workshop, they don't know either, may be key, ignition barrel, immobiliser, or engine management computer, cost $2,500 to buy all components and local dealer won't program keys unless you buy components from them :fubird: . Looking at throwing car away as it only cost $4,500 second hand. No one else in Darwin able to program a transponder key without using a working key. Removed all components, sent interstate, returned with two brand new transponder keys $300, car started :clap:, paid another $500.

Morals of this story, 1.mobile mechanic is just that, should be able to fix on site, otherwise tow to a workshop of your choice. 2.if you have only one transponder key, get a spare made, a working key is required to make a spare, otherwise you may have to go through some :bs: .