Territory Legend

CJ87
Silver Member
Silver Member

Territory Legend

Post by CJ87 »

Hi All,

Looking at options for a new boat. The quintrex 610 territory legend seems to meet a few requirements. Looking for a bigger boat for the family but can't bring myself to go the likes of a freedom sport or that. It would be a second boat along side a 420 tinny. Looking for something for gulf runs out of Wyndham and social trip up the ord etc

Just wondering if anyone owns territory legend and what layout/options you chose. Very limited info/specs online about them. Being a quinny I'm thinking max hp will be best bet but happy to heard others experiences. What sort of performance? And any other does and don'ts.

Also if you have any other hull recommendations. Bit hard to get a good idea what's what with google as the only means of inspection.

Cheers

Chris

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Territory Legend

Post by mickkk »

I probably can't help you too much, but if I were buying a 2nd boat, a bigger boat, I would be looking at a 1/2 cab. Bit of extra protection on the blue. But more comfortable for the family. Nicer to do over nighters.
They only suck when you want to do Barra flicking. But take the little boat for that.
If you were looking at a 1/2 cab boat, I would look into a Formosa. Only bad thing you hear about them is they are wet as. But with a cabin boat, it wouldn't be an issue
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

I have the 610 top Ender Tournament which is very similar. High sides and a lot dryer than most people would expect. Great for overnight trips, long trips and if it blows up you have the safety of a big boat to get through it. Best thing I did was get rid of the kill box in front of the console and put in a second 120L fuel tank. I have a 150hp Yamaha which cruises on 43kmh at 2.2km/L when doing day trips. When both tanks are full together with full eskys it's about 1.6km/L. My top speed is about 68kmh with a cheap alloy prop.

Hope this helps
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Forgot to add.... BUT you can't escape the weather
CJ87
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CJ87 »

I'm not really the half cabin type of person, much prefer to throw lures/flies around then drop baits. Half cabins just lose to much room and they can be bl..dy hot to sleep in when your up the coast. Most of the family trips will be on the upper Ord just swimming and towing the rats around on the tube rather then extended overnight trips.

Cheers for the numbers Lats. Second tank is on the must have list.

A fiberglass boat was something i was considering too, likes of Hooker or Bonito centre consoles. Anyone you ask seems terrified of the idea of glass up north though.
notsolucky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by notsolucky »

I bought a 6.10 legend a month ago so cant comment too much on performance but so far so friggin good! Went for the max 200 horses and only just running it in but got to 74km with some more to give. 240l under floor in 2 tanks. I got mine made as a side console for more camping space and put a steel C-Channel trailer under it. Heaps of beam 2.48m and sides too high to reach the water - worth getting a deckwash. Not alot of under deck storage except for the big casting deck and a small hatch at rear. I think its a good compromise for rivers and bluewater. Got an 80lb MG that seems to hold it in current. I fished the cambridge in my 4.75 freedom sport and it went well. This rig will get me to King George Falls no worries I reckon!
Visit us at www.flickandflyjournal.com for fishing articles, tips and recipies from across oz
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Got a Noble side console 5.3 with Suzi 115 for Gulf and beyond alongside a Stacer 3.7 with 20hp for Rivers etc.
We (mates boats) all throw lures so we all have rear or side consoles and just put up the Bimini when required.
You will need to consider that you want to do with it as that will :mrgreen: determine the configuration and fitout.
For me it was:
Deadrise
Side console for fishability room
Dimensions inside so I can sleep in it; I'm 6'4" so I need legroom!
Big casting deck
Large fuel tank
Electic motor
The Noble beats all other boats for that size range.
I'm happy and the boat is family friendly for the Lake.
If you want to throw lures then get an electric. I have a Minn Kota but mates have Motor Guide; its really personal preference these days and MG weren't available when I bouth the MK.
Fuel capacity max as required for the long weeks and distances and motor max to do the least amount of work.
Biggest issue here is wind/tide weather.
Plate boats are genarally a little hader on the ride than pressed (Quintrex) but stronger build.
If ya want to have a look drop a PM or even talk places to fish.
This big Wet is doing one thing; flushing the rivers which we need and the Lake has been producing good Barra :D
Damo
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
CJ87
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CJ87 »

You happen to have any pics of the layout of your 610 notsolucky? A side console was my first choice but hadn't seen it down in the 610. Max Hp is always a wise move I reckon. Haven't been in any boats that have been over powered!

Yeah the rains been bl..dy good Damo. Just need them to fill the lake back up so we can get back on it. I reckon I've seen your Noble around the place. Green and white?

I'm going to duck up to Darwin and have a good look at a few different boats to hopefully decide which way to go. Hard to balance the family aspect with a useful fishing platform.

Cheers
Chris
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by LCMA »

Hi CJ87
I bought a TABS 6.1 Territory Pro a few years ago and haven't looked back heaps of room big beamy boat. Has a 150 Verado on the rear. I can fit a queen size mattress between the centre console and the casting deck. Great for the wife on those dry season overnighters. 275litre fuel tank. Heaps of storeage, live bait tank. Great quick boat in the rivers and has always handled the blue water with no problems. Everyone is going to have their own preferences but I am glad I bought this boat very confident in this boat that it can handle all the conditions I have put it through. Just my thought on my boat.
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by LCMA »

Hi CJ87
I bought a TABS 6.1 Territory Pro a few years ago and haven't looked back heaps of room big beamy boat. Has a 150 Verado on the rear. I can fit a queen size mattress between the centre console and the casting deck. Great for the wife on those dry season overnighters. 275litre fuel tank. Heaps of storeage, live bait tank. Great quick boat in the rivers and has always handled the blue water with no problems. Everyone is going to have their own preferences but I am glad I bought this boat very confident in this boat that it can handle all the conditions I have put it through. Just my thought on my boat.
CJ87
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CJ87 »

I'll have a look into them to mate. Cheers for the heads up. Haven't looked at tabs. Gotta a quinny renegade ATM and won't say they are well built, happy to buy the right one no matter the brand.

Cheers
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Nice one Damo
I have seen his boat in action and handles all conditions in its stride.
I WILL SNEAK THIS IN THOUGH...........DON'T discount glass boats either there are some good ones around these days.

Cheers
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

CJ87 wrote:You happen to have any pics of the layout of your 610 notsolucky? A side console was my first choice but hadn't seen it down in the 610. Max Hp is always a wise move I reckon. Haven't been in any boats that have been over powered!

Yeah the rains been bl..dy good Damo. Just need them to fill the lake back up so we can get back on it. I reckon I've seen your Noble around the place. Green and white?

I'm going to duck up to Darwin and have a good look at a few different boats to hopefully decide which way to go. Hard to balance the family aspect with a useful fishing platform.

Cheers
Chris
Yep Green and white; only one in town that size.
Like all the other member comments there are plenty of good boats but the priority for me was deadrise. Also understand what Sea condition a hull is built for and that will help you, i.e. Trailcraft are built for a following sea. Ultimately you will have to comprimise on something.
As fff1964 says there are good glass boats in the market and Paul has fished all over including the Kimberley with me and his Glass boat is awesome
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
biggles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by biggles »

Get a glass boat like a Trophy or a Proline and your back will thank you. I've had my 1903 in Darwin for 10 years and the hull is unmarked due to a keel shield and a bit of care......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mike davis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mike davis »

If your into the quintrexs just noticed a 6m quintrex custom offshore on the trading place site, centre console