Neutral prop spin / fuel economy

Silver Sovereign
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Neutral prop spin / fuel economy

Post by Silver Sovereign »

G'day,

I have a new Stacer 429 Nomad with a Mariner 2 Stroke ( Mercury) 30 Hp.With the out board in neutral during my engine flush I noticed the prop turns very slow. Is this normal or does it require the clutch adjusted :???:
Its only got about 15 hours on it and it did this from the start after picking it up from the dealer.

Also how many hours of high speed and trawling (50/50) should you get from 20 litres, I ran out of juice the other day and was a bit shocked I only got 3.5 hours out of it. :o During the run in it was very good on fuel :grin:

I have read a few bad things on this site with regards to the said dealer :shock: Just need some piece of mind.

Cheers Silver :fishing:

If I had a quirky signature it would be here !
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Knowing the "dealer" you got it from they would have put the smallest motor on it they could :bonk: they do that to make them cheaper :banghead:

The gear box adjustment should be ok... my yamaha did the same thing in nutral..

As for fuel useage.... small motor...bigish boat....2stroke..... sounds like your getting about the right fuel consumption.... you might be able to change props and get it better.....

I would take it into Harry at quallity marine and see what he says about the prop :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Silver Sovereign
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Silver Sovereign »

Thanks 2rods :mrgreen:

I got a repreive not off to work till Tesday now :grin:

I was going to go out with the wife on the weekend and didnt want any problems :kiss: :naughty:
Will Saturday morning be ok tide wise off east arm :???:
I dont want to affect my warranty but by the sounds of it I would be better off going to Harry

Thanks again

:cheers: Silver
If I had a quirky signature it would be here !
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Taking it to Harry will NOT affect your warranty........

The dealers tell you that poo to try and get your service work.... when your prop free spins just make sure it is not making a clicking noise.... if it is it might be out of adjustment... but I would assume from your post it is just slowly spinning.

Take a 20ltr jerry can up the front with you just in case you do a "goldcan" and run out of fuel again :rofl: :rofl:

Have fun fishing :mrgreen:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."