Motor/Prop Question

Ando1001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Motor/Prop Question

Post by Ando1001 »

G'Day,

I've got a small problem, so I thought i'd put it out there, to see what you all think.
I've got a 2008 Yami 50Hp 4 stoke motor on my 4.2 meter, centre console. It does around 40 km/h up on the plane at around 4700 Rpm. The motor is goverened at 5500 Rpm, however between 4700 and 5500, I don't get any increase in speed, just revs. Listening to the engine, it is doing it easy. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about props and whether or not a bigger one will give me extra speed through the top end rev range.

Cheers.

Ando

Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Talk with the people at Solas they willput you onto a prop that will suit your needs

All the w's.solas.com.au
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

If you picked up the motor from I/O marine have a chat to them. They should have a few test props to try out. They changed my prop over after 18 hours (no marks on it mind you) gratis. Whats your current prop size. Every prop size change either adds or decreases revs by around 250 on a standard prop. Solas are also good for advice as previously mentioned.
Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

Sounds like you may need to adjust the motor hight on the transom.

Talk to the place where you bought it from.

:cheers:
Last edited by Night Stalker on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
Ando1001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ando1001 »

Yeah, it was from I/O marine, so i'll go see them. The prop is pretty marked now though, so no luck there. Thanks all, for your quick replies and advice.