Driving tip - Dont drive on mud flats

Fishful
Seadog
Seadog

Driving tip - Dont drive on mud flats

Post by Fishful »

Was out at Gunn Point the other day when I noticed a four wheel drive driving along the beach went down onto the mudflat and got stuck, with the tide coming in quick. I raced over there to help. It was a woman trying to get her child to sleep by taking the kid for a drive. Her husband had gone out fishing. I told her we had about half an hour to get the car out before the tide came in. there was no recovery gear, so I tried to jam logs under the wheels, but it was not moving. I then built a platform and put the BBQ plate on it and jacked the front wheel up and put logs under it. Well thats about as far as I got, lost the race.(See picture) I dare say her husband would not be happy when he got back from fishing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Ouch!
Poor buggers, wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

that would suck :o
noundz

Post by noundz »

Not nice at all

Were the tyres deflated? and got to ask, was it in 4x4 :-?
Fishful
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fishful »

Yes it was in four wheel drive and I did deflate the tyres. Thought I would have been able to get it out, but I didn't. I went hard for half an hour, but just ran out of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray Broughton
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ray Broughton »

noundz wrote:Not nice at all

Were the tyres deflated? and got to ask, was it in 4x4 :-?
:lol: :lol: What is this vehicle recovery for dummies 101?

Good on ya for trying Fishful, without any gear it would have been very tough, been in that situation before (only with a brand new quad though) and managed to lift it out, couldnt shift it before I knew the tide was coming in rapidly!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.........
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

would that sort of thing be covered in an average insurance policy? prob not as your not on a sealed road?
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
Opes

Post by Opes »

Poor bu..ers. :cry: If they had been on a surveyed road the insurance would normally have covered it, not sure about the beach though.
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Wouldnt be covered in normal insurance.......
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....