Deisel in the unleaded

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Deisel in the unleaded

Post by scottmac »

So the missus has done the old unleaded in the deisel tank in my patrol. :bricks:

Its all good now but after draining the tank I'm left with 2 jerries full of tainted fuel. (About 35lts unleaded with 5lts deisel).

What I want to know is can this be used anywhere (maybe dilute it some more)?

I'm very reluctant to put it in the new rig. (115 4st merc) but I need to empty the jerries for a big trip next week!!

So wadda ya reckon???

slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

dilute it with about 100l unleaded should be no problem
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Mate tell ya what... drop it over to my place and I will take it off ya hands :grin: ..... I have a drum or 2 around the place 8-)

I will give ya a beer or two while your here and even a yarn or 2 :grin: and run it in the ride on mower :roll:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

The master and commander (refered to as "my idiot husband" for the next couple of hours) did the same thing the weekend we went down to Gunlom Falls.

The conversation at the bowser went as follows "good to see price of fuel is coming down again, but why is the price of the fuel going in different to the price of the diesel on the pump". Master & commander reply, "shush, don't tell anyone". My reply, "will you just check to see which nozzle you have in there!!" :banghead: :banghead:

Dad scored himself about 30 litres of tainted fuel for the donkey, should last him the rest of the year, unless he runs it in the mower as well. And we finally got to Gunlom Falls in time to set up the tents in the dark. :evil:

On a high note, the rest of the weekend was ace. Top little camping ground there. :mrgreen:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin