Darwin to Cairns - which route?

BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Darwin to Cairns - which route?

Post by BarraBeast »

If a BarraBeast was to leave Darwin at 06:00am, driving a Mitsubishi Challenger, with the 40psi in the tyres and 5 kg's of chocolate covered coffee beans, a bottle of tequila and a carton of Red Bulls, what time would he arrive in Cairns?

:jester: :drinking4:

has anyone gone turned north at Cloncurry and taken the road past Normanton to Cairns? or it it better to go directly across to Townsville?

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Done both :mrgreen:

Normanton route is quite scenic in parts, might not be best for towing but the road has probably improved since I did it.
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

driving a mitsubishi . probly wont get to Darwin at all
...lol
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

slapper1 wrote:driving a mitsubishi . probly wont get to Darwin at all
...lol
Thats just what I was thinking...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

andrew.south wrote:
slapper1 wrote:driving a mitsubishi . probly wont get to Darwin at all
...lol
Thats just what I was thinking...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Harsh........very harsh :P
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

you start out driving a mitsubishi, then at a petrol station, you jump in a 100 series "by mistake" while the real owner is at the counter.

"hey man, it was the same colour"
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

BarraBeast wrote:you start out driving a mitsubishi, then at a petrol station, you jump in a 100 series "by mistake" while the real owner is at the counter.

"hey man, it was the same colour"
:rofl: :rofl: HA, Double B, my missus did that at Northlakes, only figured it out when she had trouble getting the key to work! :roll:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
tinnieman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tinnieman »

Matt Flynn wrote:Done both :mrgreen:

Normanton route is quite scenic in parts, might not be best for towing but the road has probably improved since I did it.
The road is fully sealed the whole way now! There is still a fair bit of one way bitumen between Cloncurry and Normanton, but the road from there to Cairns is superb (and very quiet most of the way)!
Last edited by tinnieman on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my new fishing website
www.freewebs.com/fishingaustralia
New content coming soon!
matty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by matty »

Which route? Mate, take the missus, she's stuck by you all these years :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Darwin to Cairns - which route?

Post by fishfanatic »

BarraBeast wrote:If a BarraBeast was to leave Darwin at 06:00am, driving a Mitsubishi Challenger, with the 40psi in the tyres and 5 kg's of chocolate covered coffee beans, a bottle of tequila and a carton of Red Bulls, what time would he arrive in Cairns?

has anyone gone turned north at Cloncurry and taken the road past Normanton to Cairns? or it it better to go directly across to Townsville?
A bottle of tequila...you'll get locked up at the Qld border for DUI.. :grin: and then they'll throw away the keys when they see you driving a Mitsubishi
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

tinnieman wrote:
The road is fully sealed the whole way now! There is still a fair bit of one way bitumen between Cloncurry and Normanton, but the road from there to Cairns is superb (and very quiet most of the way)!
sweet, cheers Man. No quite as the straight as the crow flies but could be interesting. maybe a stoned crow?

:bow: :applause:
Fish'n Chick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Darwin to Cairns - which route?

Post by Fish'n Chick »

fishfanatic wrote:
BarraBeast wrote:If a BarraBeast was to leave Darwin at 06:00am, driving a Mitsubishi Challenger, with the 40psi in the tyres and 5 kg's of chocolate covered coffee beans, a bottle of tequila and a carton of Red Bulls, what time would he arrive in Cairns?

A bottle of tequila...you'll get locked up at the Qld border for DUI.. :grin: and then they'll throw away the keys when they see you driving a Mitsubishi
Nah, fish fanatic, I reckon they'd take one look at the Challenger, take the tequila bottle, swap it for four cartons of XXXX and say "MAAAAATE, you got here in that? You're a legend. Welcome to Queensland". :rofl: :rofl: