Boat Transport from QLD to Darwin

Newbie Fisho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Newbie Fisho »

Hi all, Im about to buy a boat for my man in QLD (soooooo much cheaper over there)
And was wondering if anyone can recommend any good shipping companies/transport mob.

Gonna look into it a lil more in the new year. But so far, i think driving there, is the cheapest option.
Any info would be awesome

Cheers
Amanda P

:surf:

olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Boat Transport from QLD to Darwin

Post by olfart »

Give Reinke T/port a call... Have a safe and happy Xmas. :mrgreen: :cheers:
graham.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Mate, I just brought a boat from brissy myself, I did a fair bit of ringing around getting quotes and it was a lot of money. And after all the horror stories I got from other people about boats getting damaged and being over a month late on the agreed dates. I just went down and picked it up myself. I saved myself a lot of money by doing this, but I used up some of my leave out of my book (what is your leave worth to you?)When I brought the boat I factored in the price to get it transported up here and the more I thought about it the more it made sense to just pick it up myself, with the money I saved I put a new 80lb minn Kota with two 120amp batteries and some other things which made the the trip well worth it.

It took me three days to get down there and four days back.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
Newbie Fisho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Newbie Fisho »

Thanks peeps.

Yeah Its 3600kms to Caloundra, 40hours. There's gonna be 2 of us. Figured out price, fuel etc.

Did u have to get a permit or something to drive the boat in QLD?

We can get the time off, thats no probs, just would be easy if someone was decently priced to ship :-)
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

It came with qld rego so I didn't have to worry.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

If you want to drive the boat in qld waterwats, you will need the boat rego plus you need a boat drivers licence

If you just want to haul the boat on its trailer, just get the trailer rego there and transfer it when yu get back
Newbie Fisho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Newbie Fisho »

Sweet, thanks guys.
Wont be driving boat in qld, just bringing it back on our car by the looks of it :-)
Least fuel is cheap in qld aye, Might pick up a backpacker on the way over and they can chip in lol
Travr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Travr »

Do they have boat rego in QLD ? If so just a thought and tell them not to rego the boat if you can might save a couple of bucks and also numbers on the side of your nice new boat.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Hey Newbie Fisho, whats the boat you are buying?Have you bargained with the local dealers?
Biff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Biff »

mako wrote:Hey Newbie Fisho, whats the boat you are buying?Have you bargained with the local dealers?
I got my boat from down south,local dealers cant come close to their prices,nor do they want to!!! Enjoy the savings.
Cheers.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Hey Newbie Fisho, The last cheap fuel out of Brisvagas is at Dalby, we payed $1.45/ltr for diesel last week. Longreach is close to our price and Mt Isa is $1.52. Fuel up in Tennant Ck it is 20c a litre cheaper than the 3 Ways. The qld roads are dodgy though, lumpy, dips and need reparing, you notice how good NT roads are once you cross the boarder.
Old Mate
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Old Mate »

Spot on Biff.

Went to a certain boat shop in town (won't name names) to make some inquiries about a certian boat. The sales people could not even be bothered getting for there fat arses to help and then tried to tell me that I was paying $7000 more than down south because of a heavy duty trailer and a bigger battery. I had cash as well mind you. My response was along the lines of "go and get F@#ked" turned around and walked out. Then went down the road and bought a boat else where.

The way I see it in Darwin is there is no compertion. 1 dealer for Ford, Holden, Yamaha and ect. Down south if they don't play ball with the price the dealers know that you can just go down the road and buy it else where with not to much stuffing around. But in the NT dealers think they have you by the short and curly's.

So Newbie if you can go to QLD and save yourself some dollars then go for it I reakon. It's time some of the STEALERS up here get there act together with there prices. Good luck.