RIP Pike river miners.

Friends, family and public figures
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

RIP Pike river miners.

Post by 2rods »

RIP boys....

The church bells rang 29 times so we knew it was final and the end of the line. Now 29 miners are at heavens gate with coal silt dirty faces asking is it 2 late? When God replies with half a grin no my children come on in. They place their mining lights gently on heavens floor when ...God said "job well done" leave your boots at the door.... in memory of the 29 miners that died at Pike River Mine

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: RIP Pike river miners.

Post by andrew.south »

Absolute tragedy... :cry: :cry: :cry: may they not have suffered..
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

One of the miners was from Darwin
Darwin has a lot of miners (mainly hard rock) but I still hear people saying that they knew the risks. WTF!
I did one shift underground in Lithgow years ago. All I could think was ‘get me outta here’
Just hope they didn’t suffer for long
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Yes it has affected all of us in the mining industry. Were always closing drill rigs down when methane gas gets detected while drilling BUT coal mines are the most dangerous as methane is much more widespread.
The only positive outcome (if you can call it positive) is all the Mines Rescue Teams learn a lot from these sorts of tragedies and of course processes and procedures get reviewed to prevent re occurence.

RIP guys.... :cry:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Yep very sad ,I had the privelage on knowing Terry Kitchen & told him he couldnt be a true Kiwi as he brought his own grog & smokes to a party,RIP fellas
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

heartbreaking