where and what NQ

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

where and what NQ

Post by leopard »

In the few coming in will be heading over to Queensland and will be fishing only land based. At the moment i have no plan of attack at all :roll: i undertand there is a closed season for barra but not sure if works the same for freshwater or if its even in place this time of the year. As for pelagics im not sure if there around where i am staying at this time of the year. I will be moving between Townsville and Cairns around mission Beach ways, is there anygood beach fishing off there? If you have any tips on what or where i would be keen to to know em :mrgreen: cheers :mrgreen:

the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: where and what NQ

Post by NinjaFish »

Mourilyan Harbour a few kays Sth of Innisfail is worth a crack but some big Lemon Sharks (deep sugar cane port) off the fishing platform there but the occasional Jack, Barra and others including Coral Trout if you're lucky (live trout boats lose them sometimes)
Any of the Johnson Rivers North or South but watch for mud geckos !!!
Never beach fished myself around there but most places look enticing - Flying Fish Point etc.
Google the entire area would be our best bet or The FF Bible pages 250-257.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: where and what NQ

Post by Matt Flynn »

Some very big barra off the headlands there, but you have to watch the closed season. Shame tho if you are casting a lure for fingermark (goldies) and a barra takes it :)

Return to “Barramundi Reports”