Hudson creek

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Hudson creek

Post by Gibbsy »

Hi guys just chasin Info on Hudson creek have searched but came up with donuts. Just wanting to know if I will have enough water to move around in upper reaches of Hudson creek with the 0.73m low. Haven’t fished Hudson before wanting to focus efforts towards upper reaches to keep out of wind. If it’s fairly shallow up that end will end up at middle arm as I am familiar with the place.

Cheers gibbsy

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Hudson creek

Post by NinjaFish »

I've got right up into it on a 1.28 with a 6m boat but a 0.73 low would be pushing it to get right up the nooks. It's pretty much the same as Bleesers and has a deeper channel inside it and a narrow channel in and out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Another alternative is reichardt creek but havent fishes it before so in same boat in regards to amount of water to move around on low tide with electric
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Ninja fish not so much fussed to get right up into feeders more aiming at sticking main channel up top flicking drains. That stretch of main channel on your first photo you wouldn’t happen to remember depth on that 1.28m low. Boat is a 5.35 provides I’ve got 500-600mm I’m comfortable cheers for info btw main that low tide pic is helpful my google earth shows it with tide up
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Haves fished bleesers once so gives me abit of an idea thanks mate
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

I reckon there was 2m+ in the middle. There were a few Salmon up around the old barge slab back in February and pic shows the slab from inside looking back to Hudson with the ramp (half slab) under water. careful of the steel poles that are submersed if you go around it and it took me a three point turn with a deckie as lookout.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Cheers ninjafish, you wouldn’t know lowest water height to leave creek mate?
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Cheers ninjafish, you wouldn’t know lowest water height to leave creek mate? Thanks for all the tips mate, appreciate its more of a reccy trip than anything trying to do more harbour fishing but throughout east arm have done plenty at middle
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Just checked photos. I went in on 4.80 and came out at 1.87.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Hmm tomorrow’s low is 1.1m less might stick to middle arm I reckon unless your definite the channel had over 2m haha
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Look out for all the construction stuff in that creek
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Cheers guys for responses ended up at middle arm, between three of us two hits from Barra and dropped a queenie, no crabs. Watched a Barra around a metre roll on bait next to my mates bomber. And my fuel flow sensor wasn’t reading right and ran out of juice two kms from ramp. Any one know how to calibrate lowrance EP-60R fuel flow sensor correctly
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

I wouldn't trust any sensor to that extent