FIRST BARRA

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Blinky-
Silver Member
Silver Member

FIRST BARRA

Post by Blinky- »

My youngest bloke , Liam, scored his first Barra early last Thursday morning at Manton. Got it trolling a Reidy's Goulburn Jack in 7 metres just off the rocky point on the way to the wall.
Happy as Larry he was.......the oldman was outfished by the kids......again!

Stop wishin'......Go fishin'!
Better still.....Take a kid fishin'!

Black DiamondRods Pro-Angler
http://www.blackdiamondrods.com/
a_nomad-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by a_nomad- »

Good work liam, Blinky, do you fish manton much??? and how do you go?? never fished there,but more and more peolpe seem to be givving it a try, a mate of mine scored big fish on a number of occasions last year.. it can only get better...
Nothing worth doing is ever easy
Blinky-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Blinky- »

I fish Manton a fair bit, mostly early morning or very late at night, only cause of the waterskiers, I'd like to give it a real good workout during bankers hours but the skiers give me the screaming shites.
Done quite well, usually manage to pick up a fish or two on most trips. I have found the best time is 5 nights prior to the full moon. Have never caught anything casting, trolling only, around the rocky parts to the left of the boat ramp and down towards the wall.
A mate has got some monsters way around the left across the other side of the lily forest casting rubbers. And I believe some guys have a bit of luck casting at the rocks across from the boat ramp.
I'd like to lift the rope this time of the year and get a bit closer to the wall, but I'm a bit "howyagoin' about get busted by the rangers!
I reckon in a year or so, when someone really gets it wired it will produce Barra that rival the Awoongas and Fausts of QLD.
Good luck if you give it a go, it's nice and close to home.
Stop wishin'......Go fishin'!
Better still.....Take a kid fishin'!

Black DiamondRods Pro-Angler
http://www.blackdiamondrods.com/