You know you grew up in Darwin when....

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
noundz

Post by noundz »

you fellas may have won a game or 2 in the juniors, but I am going back to the 80's in the senior league (not that I was playing for them....too young) but Doug Kelly and Co ran amok 8-)

I played junior footy for St Marys and did boarding school at St Johns :mrgreen:

You know you grew up in Darwin when you prefer the wet to the dry :mrgreen:

ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Did Yowie (Brently Hughes) play for them Noundz apparently he was a gun in the Katherine league in those days.
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Aahh, Doug Kelly - more formally known as 'The Legend'. What about Charlies, he used to get you so full of red wine while waiting for a table you could sometimes forget why you went there in the 1st place !
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

you grew up in noonamah if you havent seen a dentist in your whole life :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
noundz

Post by noundz »

Pretty sure Yowie played for the Roos, Southern Districts, Katherine Souths (crocs) and represented the Territory a time or two :mrgreen: ....so yeah, he was a bit of a gun :mrgreen: .....so were his brothers, I played with them while Yowie coached Kath Souths :mrgreen:

You know you grew up in Darwin when if you put sneakers on, people thought you were going out :rofl:
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

You know wou wre born in Darwin when your dad tell you he used to love hanging around fannie's and dicks and raging in the cage and it doesn't scar you for life.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

This was the standard fishing rig. 6hp Johnson was the donk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Mullaking
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Mullaking »

You know you grew up in Darwin when

You were born here and didnt leave :mrgreen:
I only work to support my fishing habit

Opera Non Verba
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

you knew you were born in noonamah when your daughter, wife and grandma all work behind the bar on tuesday nights... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

my last noonamah joke didnt get a bite, maybe this one will...
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

"Where the hells Noonamah" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll tell Deano your making fun of him Kevin K he'll have you put off tap :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Used to go there for the Sunday arvo band session a billion years ago. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

grumpy wrote:"Where the hells Noonamah" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll tell Deano your making fun of him Kevin K he'll have you put off tap :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Used to go there for the Sunday arvo band session a billion years ago. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tough bloke that Dean. I saw him get T-Boned in his Landcruiser Trayback at 100kmh. Threw him out of the car and onto the road and he hopped up and walked away. :o :o
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

leave my local alone KK!!! :lol:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Goat Island
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Goat Island »

Must be getting old,[58 on Sunday,] arrived in Darwin late 72 building Casuarina highschool [now CSC]Then Darwin community college, [now CDU] then Darwin cinema, and it had a Roof, now long gone. Only trafficlights in town were at pedestrian crossing outside Parap primary. When leaving flat in bishop st. after 7 years, could not pull out key, as it was rusted in, never once took out key, same with car,THAT'S WHY I NOW LIVE HERE, SAME DEAL. Darwin nightclub, opposite where DIX later came was open till 6 am.PERFECT, we didn't start work till 7.
Dolphin was the "headoffice", never left till closing time,unless you wanted to see a movie at drive in,usually had to go a few times as we usually had to get woken by attendant wanting to know if we wanted to get out before they closed the gates.

Thanks Jason for starting this, brings back heaps of good memories, I know I'm not born here but still trying to grow up here....Cheers Kai.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: You know you grew up in Darwin when....

Post by Matt Flynn »

good old thread, this one :D
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: You know you grew up in Darwin when....

Post by theodosius »

... when the first thing you bring up in conversation with someone you've just met is how long you've been up here for, cyclone, the place has changed, too nany people blah blah blah