Why take more fish than necessary???????

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Feeling Lucky-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Why take more fish than necessary???????

Post by Feeling Lucky- »

Has anybody else heard rumors about certain people taking alot more fish than legal out of the daly river????? I have heard that a group of greek guys caught about 70 fish keeping all of them!!!!! WHY???? There is no need. I think fisheries and the police need to make an example of the next poeple they catch to deter others. Are they selling the fish perhaps?????? I also heard a guy caught about 26 fish over a metre in 3 weeks at the daly keeping them all what a tosser. Couldn't hold back. It makes me sick. I would love to catch them myself.

Life is what you make of it.
a_nomad-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by a_nomad- »

Mate, i have heard similar stories as well..... Also heard that fisheries were checking cars on the way out the other night, surely they need to be doing more when stories like this one are becoming so popular these days..... Thses blokes need to wake up to themselves,they know what they are doing is wrong, like you say, catch them and make a good uckin example of them!!!!!!!!
Nothing worth doing is ever easy
BarraMack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BarraMack »

Selfish and greedy is a polite term for what they are. I expect the Greeks ate all the fish they caught, but that's overkill. That couple from SA should have their boats and car burnt and banned from crossing the NT border in future.
They should have fish pocession limits similar to waterfowl - say no more than 20 barra in your freezer at any one time. Difficult to enforce though. Another thing would be to have a barra legal limit between 55cm and 1 metre.

Post by Guest »

just cme back from the daly. caught 7 fish all up biggest being 75cm. fishing was pretty tough going. both days that i was down there (thurs. fri) the fisheries were inspecting every body at the camp sites and when leaving on the road. i think its a shame people think they need to take so many fish. in six years that i have been living up here its the first time i have ever senn fisheries doing checks. i understand its a big teritory and a hard job to inforce but think they need to be out there more to deture the dishonest people as the stories ARE becoming more frequent these days
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

A mate of mine was at Mataranka on the weekend and said that 2 guys rocked up at the pub, they had just spent the weekend at The Roper, and they had 35 legal Barra between them in their esky :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: this is exactly what we're up a gainst, blatant disregard for possession limits. If I'd seen them I'd have got their number plate and dobbed the mongrels in.

I must admit thoughit did get my interest to know they had caught so many and on lures.

Cheers
Craig