Cracker night ...

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cracker night ...

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crikey, was it as it sounds here ... http://www.news.com.au/national/child-s ... 977eb1efee

hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Cracker night ...

Post by hottuna »

What a bl..dy joke. Can't stand it.
Someone thought it was an awesome idea to set them
Off in the kids playground at Sanctuary Lakes. Playground and shade cloth caught fire and now the best playground in Palmerston is F**ked. The disappointment on my kids faces when they saw their playground this morning was heartbreaking and infuriating.
The amount of rubbish every year after it is absolutely shameful.
Bluewater Dreamin'
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

I'm glad we have cracker night and I'm glad my kids have a blast doing it...
not many things like this left in Oz.

The rubbish will be picked up, the playground will be rebuilt...... chillax.
It's allowed, we're enjoying it before 'nanny-state' takes over completely.

Worse things are happening everyday than this!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

I'm not impressed with the rubbish that gets left behind. Just goes to show how many lazy and inconsiderate people there are in Darwin. Fireworks are fun and should always be a part of the Territory but people need to do the right thing and take their rubbish with them.

The other thing that annoyed me was watching countless people walk over the dunes at Mindil Beach because they couldn't be bothered waiting a couple of minutes and walk through the pathways designated for it. And it wasn't until they walked all over the vegetation to get to the other side that they realised there's a fence in the way. Some decided it was a good idea to climb over the fence and the others decided to turn around and walk back over the vegetation.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Get over it .

It's a great pastime. Ive grown up here and look forward to it every year of course we've all had a few minor injuries but as the saying goes play with fire and you'll get burned..eventually.

Shame about the grubs and damages ... but go and get a decent camera ( night shot sony video cam). And submit your evidence into the relevant authorities. instead of having a sulk if you're that worried. Probably mug tourists anyway or the generation of kids that get away with everything. ( irresponsible parenting to blame....) or the growing number of meth heads up here.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I grew up with them in NSW but they stopped it because of the damage and injuries that fools cause. (As a kid, I probably was responsible for some slight damage on the ‘night cart’ once)

Wont be long until the same happens here as well.

It all costs money (our money) to repair people and the rest of it.

What I really love it to watch those on struggle street who cant afford to but their kids a feed but can spend $000 on crackers - and then let them off in the DAYLIGHT.

They wont stop it here until someone important gets injured (pollys kid etc) or their house gets burned down.
The best I ever saw was the homemade ones they used to set off at the MotoGP in Phillip Is. They would set car alarms off in the whole campground. Now if you are going to do it, do it properly.
I saw video of a bloke who strapped some to his head and let them rip. A marine had his head blown off in the US doing just that.

They are still going here in sunny palmy