Climate change - NASA

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Climate change - NASA

Post by ronje »

Hello all.

Remember the climate change talk about Mr Milankovitch a couple of years ago?

Now it looks like NASA has started to wake up to the stuff that's been pedalled about it at what needs to be done to address it.

Remember Mulitan and changes in the earth's obliquity (lean) being the real cause of all this rubbish? Read on.
NASA Report_compressed.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Regards
Ronje
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Climate change - NASA

Post by ronje »

From 1992/3 until 2000, Bill Clinton was US president.

His V/P was Al Gore. They were democrats and their emphasis was on social reform so that was where budgetary money was channeled.

Remember the book " An Inconvenient Truth" about climate change? THAT was Al Gore.

In the period of the Clinton/Gore presidency, NASA's budget was basically frozen. It went nowhere until the republicans "young" George Bush.

So, NASA was under budgetary restraint while Clinton and Gore were in the white house.

I'd suggest THAT was why NASA kept its mouth shut not wanting to get offside with the administration.

It turns out they were right considering Gore's book shortly after.

But the damage was done.

Off everybody went on the great manmade climate change hoax while NASA kept quiet.

Another case of science keeping facts from the great unwashed to protect its budget.
Regards
Ronje
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Jeez mate you've been out in the sun too long
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

If a scientist can pass off a slice of chorizo sausage as a newly discovered sun then anything is possible.

It is an interesting theory Ron but my understanding is that we are in what should be a cooling cycle, but the earth is instead heating.
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

I have plenty of information to prove we are not in a climate emergency, its a little inconvienent for some :wink:
Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Meanwhile, sea turtles are turning into an all-female population ... https://www.sciencealert.com/climate-ch ... urtles/amp

If turtles disappear in the next few years, will people call it a natural cycle?

Good news is that the Great Barrier Reef bounced back in a big way after bleaching, but if warming continues it may not keep bouncing back from El Nino bleaching events.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

I think Theodosius got the closest response. But its not from being out in the sun.

Its to do with a lack of sun I think 'cos we haven't had much. Been raining in winter. Maybe its climate change?

NASA has denied that the report came from them and I can't can't find any such report looking back through their archives.

To quote everybody's friend(The Donald), the supposed report is fake news (and just when I was about to get a roll-on. Bugger).

This bit of news isnt though. I actually got to go fishing.

Water temp gone up to 19.5 C.
Big prawns back in the river mouth and moving upstream.
Big king threadies following.
River still filthy.
Threadies don't mind cool or dirty water.
Water still got fresh in it and threadies don't mind that either.
Regards
Ronje
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Jealous of the big king threadies down your way Ronje! And I hear the barra fishing has been on the rebound too. I hope to visit one day
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Water temp gone up to 19.5 C.
Big prawns back in the river mouth and moving upstream.
Big king threadies following.
River still filthy.
Threadies don't mind cool or dirty water.
Water still got fresh in it and threadies don't mind that either.
Great news Ron. I saw your post about the gates issue on the Fitzroy, an interesting situation and possibly unique to the Fitzroy in terms of the size of the weir and the catchment?

They do also open the gates on the Murray River down near SA's Goolwa, which is mulloway time.