Wildman & Shady

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wildman & Shady

Post by BJOBrien »

Fished the Wildman on Saturday while definitely not on unauthorised leave from work. A few things against us.
No cash accepted at Stuart's Tree Camp, my fault but scraped together enough.
No linen in cabin, grey area, but probably my fault (comfortable curtains though)
Boat had no lip grips, brag mat, knife. Definitely not my fault. Turns out you can bleed threadies with braid scissors.

Quiet day with only a thready boated in the first several hours, but did see a few Barra caught around us. Then on the last troll, heading out the mouth for home I hooked up, bit of a shiteshow with 4 lines out and some cross ups but a team effort got my PB 92 landed. Amazing how you can sober up when it gets exciting like that.
Submitted my fish on the way home for the CBT fishin comp knowing I wouldn't be there the next day for pressos.
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG

Fished Shady mouth Sunday, not much happened early, couldn't help but foul hook Powertail trolling first bend, one boat got 5/5. As the channel cleared up on the incoming around lunch we trolled up 3 threadies, biggest 91 to the fork. Most boats were getting them for a couple of hours.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
Called through Corroboree Tavern on the way home, was told had I been there for pressos I would have won. Fair play, I knew the rules and didn't wanna miss out on Sunday's fishin. Comp was well run and for the entry fee you get your money back in stickers, lures and stubby holders plus more.

bl..dy ripper weekend
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wildman & Shady

Post by BJOBrien »

*Cash only at Stuart's Tree Camp
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Nice going mate. Wildman has been dirty and poop this buildup. Lots of boats doing the miles and getting no smiles. Sampan has fished way better
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Nice work mate.......and i agree, Comp was well run and great for the families as well.
BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BJOBrien »

Yeah Lats. I heard of plenty of donuts there over the weekend. We trolled from sunrise til 2pm for one fish. But I'd still do it for no fish.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Mate they are great fish, and yep I'm with you I would do it for no fish as you are always a chance and never know what may happen next troll :)
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Cheers for the report
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mitcho »

Wild man was dirty all weekend