Wildman & Shady

BJOBrien

Wildman & Shady

Post by BJOBrien »

Fished the Wildman on Saturday while definitely not on unauthorised leave from work. A few things against us.
No cash accepted at Stuart's Tree Camp, my fault but scraped together enough.
No linen in cabin, grey area, but probably my fault (comfortable curtains though)
Boat had no lip grips, brag mat, knife. Definitely not my fault. Turns out you can bleed threadies with braid scissors.

Quiet day with only a thready boated in the first several hours, but did see a few Barra caught around us. Then on the last troll, heading out the mouth for home I hooked up, bit of a shiteshow with 4 lines out and some cross ups but a team effort got my PB 92 landed. Amazing how you can sober up when it gets exciting like that.
Submitted my fish on the way home for the CBT fishin comp knowing I wouldn't be there the next day for pressos.
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG

Fished Shady mouth Sunday, not much happened early, couldn't help but foul hook Powertail trolling first bend, one boat got 5/5. As the channel cleared up on the incoming around lunch we trolled up 3 threadies, biggest 91 to the fork. Most boats were getting them for a couple of hours.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
Called through Corroboree Tavern on the way home, was told had I been there for pressos I would have won. Fair play, I knew the rules and didn't wanna miss out on Sunday's fishin. Comp was well run and for the entry fee you get your money back in stickers, lures and stubby holders plus more.

bl..dy ripper weekend

BJOBrien

Re: Wildman & Shady

Post by BJOBrien »

*Cash only at Stuart's Tree Camp

Nice going mate. Wildman has been dirty and poop this buildup. Lots of boats doing the miles and getting no smiles. Sampan has fished way better
Edo

Post by Edo »

Nice work mate.......and i agree, Comp was well run and great for the families as well.
BJOBrien

Post by BJOBrien »

Yeah Lats. I heard of plenty of donuts there over the weekend. We trolled from sunrise til 2pm for one fish. But I'd still do it for no fish.
Quinntreximon

Post by Quinntreximon »

Mate they are great fish, and yep I'm with you I would do it for no fish as you are always a chance and never know what may happen next troll :)

Cheers for the report
Mitcho

Post by Mitcho »

Wild man was dirty all weekend