Shoal Bay fishing any good?

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
fishingfail
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Shoal Bay fishing any good?

Post by fishingfail »

Hey guys,
Anyone had any luck at shoal bay of late? I've never fished the run off as I moved here about a year ago. I can't get to the daly, shady or south/east alligator but I figured a trip to shoal bay would be a good idea..... Ive heard good things about spot 6 but wonder if anyone could give me a few tips before I go...... have a couple days up my sleeve to find a few fish. Any help is good help. cheers lads. :fishing:

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Shoal Bay fishing any good?

Post by Gibbsy »

Was out at king creek today. Fair few boats at shoal bay. We got a few muddies and heaps of bait and action around. We had no joy using livies and softies. Was another bloke in prime spot. Barra were boofing andll around him. He had heaps of hooks ups on livies and softies. All we got was a big bull ray on big livie took me for a good ride. Weather was quite good hope it helps.
If you can last whole day lock in a hole near creek mouth get some livies. Barra came on chew just before low until an hour after run in
fishingfail
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by fishingfail »

Cheers Gibbsy! didn't end up going seen the wind was picking up and didn't want to get stuck out there. Know anywhere thats usually sheltered from the wind reasonably close?
Tommy222220_0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tommy222220_0 »

Go middle arm mate last 2 days been real good ;) ;)