Almost- Shady

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
mafoo25
Silver Member
Silver Member

Almost- Shady

Post by mafoo25 »

Good Easter Monday.

Left the CBD at 1:30am. Hooked up trailer, grabbed fuel and ice. Got to Shady ramp 5:40am about 1/2 hour later than planned, someone missed their alarm......

Only a few trailers in the car park. Beauty. On the water by 6 and she was low. Hit the bottom and had to get the paddles out about 200m from the ramp, did not want to be stuck there all day! Very slow start to the day but we were trawling the mouth by 7.
IMG_1823.JPG
After a few laps with nothing on the sounder the bait started to push in. Ol mate Mud gets snagged on a branch. After a few mins with the lure retriever and we are ready to go again. We make a turn to head out to the blue water, I cast my favourite B52 and BANG before I can even flick the spool arm over I'm on! Straight away I knew this was a biggin. Never felt that weight before. The reel was screaming. After what felt like an hour and getting dizzy from lapping the boat she came up near the boat. Beautiful chrome and the biggest horse I've ever seen. Arms were spaghetti and the heart was racing. "Easy when she sees the net" Tris thankfully coaches. After a few last nervous dives the big girl is in the net and on board. Big cheer on board. High fives all around. Quick photo and measure her up then I wanted to get her back in the drink asap.
1826.jpg
My first big fish and we were both faaarked. I swam her for 5 mins then luckily she kicked off and disappeared deep to recharge the batteries. Lit a smoke and looked around and we were the boat everyone was looking at. All the time and tackle lost over the years and donuts for the last few weekend were forgotten. Was 2cm short (story of my life) of the ton but extremely happy all the same. VERY grateful to Tris and Mud for a day I'll never forget!

Good Easter Monday, GREAT Easter Monday!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

West_Oz_Rossco
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Almost- Shady

Post by West_Oz_Rossco »

Nice work mate. The ton is just a number, the experience is what its all about. Braver man than me swimming it for that long though!!
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

Nice fish mate, the metery is just a round the corner. well done.
fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fishhunter81 »

That's a pearler Foo-man!!! Well done brus.
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Lovin' it!

Well done buddy

Cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Worth the esrly start and the paddling then!
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Better than sitting on the mudflat waiting for the tide sounds like you just made it. Well done plenty of fit barra in the high 90s pull just as hard or harder than a few of the big girls I've got over the years whilst the measurement 100cm is ''' just a number '' it's what a lot of barra fishos set as a goal.....

many of them out there are still chasing the elusive 1M Barra every chance they get... keep at it you won't get them off the couch.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
slamminsam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slamminsam »

Awesome work mate - well done