Adelaide trip

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Adelaide trip

Post by Daz12 »

Went for a spin up the Adelaide yesterday with Richieboy to see if we could snag a few Barra. Launched just before lunch and there were about 14 trailers already parked up. The plan was to work upstream and flick any good looking colour with bait around. Had a flick at Last Cast and Donalds on the way up but no result. There was a bit of bait flicking around, mainly small archers, garfish and a few decent mullet.
Continued up checking out any small run-offs with a few speculative casts thrown in. On one nice run-off we sounded a school of fish sitting on a lump but we must have spooked them as we peppered the area for a while with not a hit. Eventually Richie scored a nice fish by casting his Zerek Fish Rap right at the base of a Pandanus clump.
IMG_2788.JPG
He had had a bit of trouble getting snagged in the same place but eventually solved the issue by extracting the culprit.
IMG_2792 (1).JPG
IMG_2794.JPG
After a break in the shade, a Bourbon and a few mouthfulls of Chicken Crimpys we continued up to Manton which looked pretty good with a bit of bait around the weeds but couldn't get any takers.
Heading back down we stopped at a few of the same spots for a quick flick for no success. We pulled up at Beatrice which had quite a few small baitfish flicking around the shallow banks so we dropped the electric and started peppering the area.
Richie was first to strike with another fish on his Fish rap by casting just wide of the bank where the bait was huddled.
IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2800.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG
A couple more bumps and fish for him then I finally scored my first fish for the day on a Reidys Fish Snakz vibe (kindly donated for the Fotofish prize pack :clap: )
IMG_2797.JPG
A couple more fish were landed by following the baitfish as they moved along the bank as the tide turned.
We decided to call it a day and the skipper spun the Hornet around, clicked her into gear, throttle all the way down (the Hornet's only got two speeds :lolpoint: ) and headed back to the ramp just on dark. It was worth battling the afternoon heat as we finished the day with 7 or 8 fish which isn't too bad for the Adelaide.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Adelaide trip

Post by ozdodge »

Yep, well done removing that trap.

Nothing better than a setting sun over a freshwater river - too nice!

Well done, and thanks for the report
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

Not really Flickin'....
We were just using small 20 odd gram vibes as the baitfish were pretty small and it was pretty shallow.
Richie was using a Fish Trap in OG colour and he caught 5-6 fish. I caught one fish on a Fish Snakz in a natural/silver colour (which is now with the Adelaide River gods) and another fish on one I got from F&O World, not sure what it's called in a black, white, orange colour...
I did try a bigger vibe for a while but only got one bump.

Yep, love fishing at sunset. Makes sweltering through the rest of the day worth it !!
IMG_2808.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MR126
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MR126 »

Nice work Daz12 & Richieboy
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Another 5 today......on my other favourite lure. :wink:

Good little trip Dazza and worth it for $20 in fuel mate. Let’s hope the big fish turn up soon as I have a bet to win......and if they don’t, well I’m afraid I might have to hit the Daly or Shady like every other bloke who owns a boat in Darwin........NOT. :bonk:

Richie
Mad KEEN!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Cheers for the reports. That dilly's been annoying fishos for a while by the looks!
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Nice work boys!!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I am living vicariously on those Adelaide pix, thanks fellas :mrgreen: