Adelaide River - Saturday 08.02.2014

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Adelaide River - Saturday 08.02.2014

Post by BarraMick »

some pictures from the bridge and carpark form the Saturday just gone (08/02/2014)

just curious if anyone recieved a fine for "driving on a closed road" on Saturday or Sunday.

The cops would of made a killing if they were handing out fines, like the poor fella from a couple of years ago. ($2500.00 per axle)

i was the only boat there launching legit on both Saturday and Sunday.
Drop the boat BEFORE the road closed signs, and walk it down the road.(i have a pair of beach wheels - they clamp on the side of the boat)
takes about 15mins if your not a fat lazy cad.

on saturday Afternoon when we returned there was at least 15 cars having a sticky beak
as well as the ABC News recording a story

was pretty much the same on sunday as well. if not worse with boats of all sizes launching off the road.
as well as a steady procession of cars

so my summary from the weekend is - it is perfectly fine to drive past the road closed signs, and launch your boat or have a sticky beak and take photos.
enjoy the pics - guess ill see most of you out there this weekend if the flood water stays up, as will be the only place to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Adelaide River - Saturday 08.02.2014

Post by scottmac »

So the obvious question would be.......ANY FISH?????
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

BarraMick wrote: so my summary from the weekend is - it is perfectly fine to drive past the road closed signs, and launch your boat or have a sticky beak and take photos.
Really? I wonder what the judge will say about that. 'But your honour, Barra Mick said it was OK' :lol:

FYI
(5) A person must not drive a vehicle, or cause or permit a vehicle to be driven, on a road that is closed under this section.

The definition of vehicle in the Traffic Act includes a wide range of types of transportation. This means the prohibitions in subsections (5) and (6) apply, for example, to riding a bicycle, and to riding or droving animals.
Maximum penalty: 100 penalty units.

ya cant even ride a horse on it !!!!!
It doesnt say its ok if you just want to have a look :lolpoint:
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

The NT news stated it was only a $435 on the spot fine!!

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern- ... 6822328715
----------------------------
-----------------------------
RP071
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RP071 »

I'm all set for a trip to the Adelaide River again for another crack to hook my first Barra in early May. Looks like it has copped a little bit more rain than last year...

Has anyone got any photo's of Goat Island, just to give me an idea of how much water there is?

Why do I feel like a burger when I say Goat Island???
ruti79
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ruti79 »

And it looks like Nomad has taken the bait.....

I think that was the best hit Barra Mick had all weekend... :lol:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

ruti79 wrote:And it looks like Nomad has taken the bait.....

I think that was the best hit Barra Mick had all weekend... :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:
I really cant see any problem driving down past the road closed sign to have a rubber neck or launch a boat. (except thats its illegal and being a law abiding citizen i would never break the law) :twisted:
But someone will always try to drive thru the flood water and get stuck. they put the rescuer at risk.