2018 buildup. Pt Stuart and nearby area

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2018 buildup. Pt Stuart and nearby area

Post by Bushy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Your living the dream there Flickin4em, well done on the solid fish mate.

Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Great pic and yep Itotally agree, nothing wrong with the 'old' gear if its maintained, those Gold Ugly's are tough as an old Torana.

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:04 pm

Great post mate

Jeno
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jeno » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 am

Haha...if it works....it works! Some of the new super smicko gear requires a lot of maintenance and is sensitive to dust etc....bit like the new flash 4wds...they are great...until something goes wrong and then you can't fix them!
No matter where you go, there you are!

JimmyTaylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JimmyTaylor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Great read Flickin4em......
Hey Matt, think this story needs to make the NTMAG!

b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Bought in 2000 my first overhead can't remember what model it as all the stickers have come off but I'm sure it's a 5600 oldy but a goodie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everydays a good day when your fishing

FOMOB

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:24 am

b-radical wrote:Bought in 2000 my first overhead can't remember what model it as all the stickers have come off but I'm sure it's a 5600 oldy but a goodie
Yeah b radical looks like a 5600C4 ?? They're much better with the new fangled thumbar than the older C3 :rofl: LOL. Millenium bug edition year 2000 model hey, the end of the good old days wetseasons and heat of the fireline era :cool: I'll bet she's been on a few ripper laps both good and bad and could tell the odd yarn or 2. :cheers:
Took a pic of my line capacity stickers for those who are in the same boat on a 6500 too. :banghead:
20181130_110500.jpg
YEP. they hold sh#tloads it's even enough for some decent mackies too. :naughty:

I definitely think that the new flat style grips are a massive improvement over the ones on that 2000 model and my old 93 model before the upgrades if giving it a refurb the erskine carbon drag washers have been bl..dy awesome too :mrgreen:
They're perfect for soaking livies after a big day aswell, just put it into the rod holder and with the ratchet function you can just kick back and relax.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Yep correct googled it to double check mine has a bit more wear n tear

Its lost a few but it still holds my PB land based at 92 :D
big barra brad.JPG
Back on the Fitzroy River in WA, less crocs back then so waking up in the deck chair to a screaming ratchet was pretty normal. Some awesome wet seasons back then i do miss it the cherabin over there were unreal at times midnight runs were best

I did have the flat style grips but the handle got bent somehow so the repairer replaced it with the round style which are pretty ordinary :bonk:

Might be interested in them erskine washers good chance we'll soak some livies this weekend am finally getting out to get the new trailer dirty up gunn point way

Shared a couple of pics of where i used to go :mrgreen:
Everydays a good day when your fishing

FOMOB